Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Which In-Game Modifications are legal/illegal in SA:MP
Legal
-Weapon Textures
-Weapon Sounds
-Vehicular Sounds
-Font editing
-Weapon Scroll Display editing
-Character Textures (Clothes, skin colour, Hair colour, not changing the size/shape of the actual character)
-Graphical edits that change the appearance of objects but not the opacity or the shape/size, they must stay solid and the same shape. (Trees, Moon, Ground, Walls, Sky, Sand, Water etc..)
-Crosshair edits (As long as they don't affect the aiming of a gun and the direction in which the bullet leaves the gun. Due to sync this would make you less hittable and thus unfair.)
-Radar editing. (All this does is change the aerial view through your radar making it easier to distinguish buildings, alleyways, footways, roads etc..) To be fair you could say having this mod gives you a navigational advantage but it is better than the games standard radar and makes the game more enjoyable without changing gameplay much, therefore people should be encouraged to use it.

Illegal
-Skin mods that affect the size/shape of your character. This will change your hitbox making you harder to hit.
-Animation edits. These will affect the movement and speed of your character, whether they make you slower or faster they will make the game unbalanced and therefore unfair.
-Vehicle handling. Will make your vehicle harder/easier to handle and therefore unfair
-Vehicle models. They will always make your vehicle larger/smaller which can lead to unfair advantages in the event of using a car for cover or driving through areas you would not be able to in the standard vehicle size. (This is a popular used mod and if the model size is not that much different although still slight advantage/disadvantage could be argued the model is still legal)
-The modification of .dat or .ipf(I think thats the right file extension?) files. These change vehicle handling, character speed, weapon damage, weapon range, weapon magazine capacity etc, etc, ect.. and lots of other shit, couldn't list it all. These all, in turn, make the game unbalanced.)
-Graphical edits that change the opacity of walls. If you can see through walls then you can know where your enemy is while he cannot, this is unfair.
-Modified versions of the game's original auto-aim system. With the games original auto-aim system opposing players have the advantage of being able to back-fire their aiming reticle onto themselves so they get hit with full damage and without a miss from every shot ( >:) ) removing this makes it harder for players to beat auto-aimers and is removing the game's natural aspects.
-Weapon Models size. Dramatically increasing the size of weapons especially grenades creates an unfair advantage because a player can become easier to find or in the case of grenades which can be shot away. It will make them easier to shoot away. It will change the direction they travel and will block them and affect where they actually go due to their size. Where a grenade may have gone on the person using normal grenade size could be entirely different on the person's screen using a large grenade size because it cannot maneuver as easily.
-Laser Mods. They give you an unfair aiming advantage and can make opposing players easier to find/notice where they may have taken you by surprise and buttfucked you quicker than usain bolt stealing a toaster.
-FPS Limit mods. Limiting the FPS below 20 or beyond 48 (The standard on SAMP) and still having the ability to strafe while shooting will effect people's hitboxes and their sync and therefore unfair.
-HUD Mods that add a crosshair to the screen (without having to press Aim Button) that shows where you need to aim to hit straight away without having to adjust your aim once you press Aim Button.
-Mods that allow you to instantly shoot (where you are already aiming with a crosshair added to your HUD) without having to click the aim button. This can seriously unbalance player animations and your characters sync to the server.
-Mods that allow you to play your game in a First Person Shooter camera style, this can also give you aiming advantages and unbalance your character's sync.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post some suggestions to add/remove.

And open arguments.

Weapon sounds for one can make an easy argument because if someone increases their weapon sound for sniper by 10x then in AAD the sniper is easier to find...

No one can go wrong if everyone played with the standard game, but i doubt that is going to happen.
FPS mods/tools that allows other fps that other ppl cant use.
Mods so u can do /fpslimit 15 (20 is minimum)
Mods so u can do /fpslimit 150 and still being able to strafe (48 is max)

FPS = Affects hitbox and how many bullets you can see.
What is the point of this topic? Are you trying to stop people from using illegal mods in sa-mp? lol, never gonna happen
(11-12-2010, 03:09 PM)DowJones link Wrote: What is the point of this topic? Are you trying to stop people from using illegal mods in sa-mp? lol, never gonna happen
true.dat

@DeathEater, how come you know so much about Illegal stuff? from your experience? :)
(11-12-2010, 03:09 PM)DowJones link Wrote: What is the point of this topic? Are you trying to stop people from using illegal mods in sa-mp? lol, never gonna happen

There might be people who don't know what is considered illegal or not, therefore, I believe this topic is useful.

Did he say anywhere that he wants to stop ppl from using mods?
He's just listing what mods people should and can use without being a cheater
It's not everyone who knows whats legal and not

(11-12-2010, 03:16 PM)Weezy link Wrote: @DeathEater, how come you know so much about Illegal stuff? from your experience? :)

Haha it had to come..
Dont u think we'd learn a couple of things in this game after playing it for so many years?
Retard.
Just because we know everything thats listed here doesnt mean we use any of it.
Youtube and info from other clans is the big resource here, and knowledge on how san andreas works in general.

So stop the hating and give some feedback, else u can simply fuck off from the topic. It will just end up with an endless discussion
(11-12-2010, 03:16 PM)Weezy link Wrote: true.dat

@DeathEater, how come you know so much about Illegal stuff? from your experience? :)

I've been playing sice 2006 and seen lots of stuff, played probably nearly 100 clanwars/tournaments. Had experience watching people use stuff, hearing about it and denying clanwars with other clans for it. As someone who has still never used any modifications I want to use mine and other people's knowledge to clarify what people agree is actually legal and not legal, therefore i can play the game with the assurance I'm not doing wrong (If i install some mods).

I'm also a fair player so without bragging i consider my opinion pretty unbiased and towards keeping SAMP a good game that everyone can play fairly.

Quote:Grim link=topic=26837.msg352644#msg352644 date=1289569826]
FPS mods/tools that allows other fps that other ppl cant use.
Mods so u can do /fpslimit 15 (20 is minimum)
Mods so u can do /fpslimit 150 and still being able to strafe (48 is max)

FPS = Affects hitbox and how many bullets you can see.

Added.
Even though you added the skin mods in the illegal list, might wanna mention that Pikachu mod. I don't know if that mod gets put on one character or any character you use, but I know it does more than a simple skin mod that makes you more thin / fat or something.

Maybe add it in brackets to the skin mod, or right below it?

(11-12-2010, 03:16 PM)Weezy link Wrote: @DeathEater, how come you know so much about Illegal stuff? from your experience? :)

Being on SA-MP since the early days, it's not exactly hard to learn about these stuff. Playing in all sorts of CWs or on some servers you get to know them.

It's like how people know so much about the likes of s0beit when they've (supposedly) never used it.
(11-12-2010, 06:06 PM)Munch link Wrote: Even though you added the skin mods in the illegal list, might wanna mention that Pikachu mod. I don't know if that mod gets put on one character or any character you use, but I know it does more than a simple skin mod that makes you more thin / fat or something.

Maybe add it in brackets to the skin mod, or right below it?

Being on SA-MP since the early days, it's not exactly hard to learn about these stuff. Playing in all sorts of CWs or on some servers you get to know them.

It's like how people know so much about the likes of s0beit when they've (supposedly) never used it.

Yea i mentioned the skin mods apparently changing your characters shape/size. By that i meant like Pikachu did and apparently some people were using Ash Ketchum skin or something too rofl.
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=26837.msg352719#msg352719 date=1289582330]
Yea i mentioned the skin mods apparently changing your characters shape/size. By that i meant like Pikachu did and apparently some people were using Ash Ketchum skin or something too rofl.

I can picture one of Hoogerbooger's aliases having a clan of mudkips or something.