Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

PES 2011
I started a Master League now lol

There's a lot of new stuff, its pretty good. I'd recommend using the PESedt.com patch to update your game and players stats and stuff. The games originial stats and stuff are pretty inaccurate and shitty.

I dunno if it's because i only just started playing nor not but fuck me its hard to score. I only play on 4/5 difficulty and I have lost 2x and drawn 2x. It's a lot harder to take it past people as well. Most of my goals have come from crosses lol.
Lol, exactly what happened to me. There's a lot of stuff you gotta get used to now. I as well score most of my goals via crosses, because the shooting system is real hard to get used to. One advice, when you're near the area or mid-range shooting position, AVOID holding the shooting button for too long, or the ball will end up crashing in the moon. Just tap the shooting button and that's enough for a decent shot.

I play on 5/5, and it's much harder to move around the field now... Only thing I didn't like is the fact that you can't overtake anyone in speed, you can be running with Messi and a slow fuck like Casillas?!?! will catch up with and overtake you lol... But you'll eventually get used to it... I guess that happens because in the hardest mode the CPU players usually run faster than normal.

The passing system is cool now though, you can customize them much more now and send a lethal ball that will end up in a poison-for-the-heart shot.
Yea I do like the new passing system.

If you make runs down the flank. I'm united so I have valencia, nani, evra or rafael all pretty fast players. Once your on the flank keep running straight and they won't tackle you and it looks like you won't be able to get a cross in but they never block it.

I play with 4-5-1.
Flat back 4 - Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic and Rafael
Defensive midfield - Carrick
Central midfielders - Anderson, Scholes
Wingers - Nani and Valencia
Lone striker - Rooney

I try and pass and use through balls and speed and work my way into the box but can never quite get there and its hard to keep control of the ball.

So i always end up switching to 4-4-2 and going for crosses which berbatov usually gets on the end of.

Yea long shots are way harder i scored a decent shot from distance with scholes but yea its nowhere like 2010. Like you said you only need to tap it and if its from 30-40 yards it sometimes still goes over.

I need to get better at using the 1-2 trick where you hold the left trigger and pass so your player runs you can get into 1 on 1 with that quite good but its hard to pull off.

I need to buy a better centre forward than Berbatov and 2 world class central midfielders.

When i went on the Transfer Market new i also noticed that the players were being sold for really cheap? :?

Idk if you've bought any new players yet and noticed this?
Oh lol yeah I forgot to mention that... Indeed once you're on the flank around the area (where the player sends the crosses automatically) the defenders will just run next to you but never try to get the ball from you, no matter of the difficulty level :S That's what makes the cross goals so easy and accessible as well.

And yep, I noticed the economics thingie too. I use dollar currency and the players are indeed much cheaper to transfer now. I remember buying players like Robinho, Ronaldinho, Rooney, etc. for about just 2 millions lol... It's less realistic but better for those who are obsessed with buying good players I guess :P The only expensive one I saw was Alexandre Pato for about 23 millions.
Lol sweet!

I can't wait to get home and play this. I'm gonna go on a spending spree in winter xD

Do you have any tactical tips or tips on how to raise your players stats quicker yet?

I'm only 6 games into my season, how far in are you?

Whats your current startin 11 btw? I posted mine ^^
Well actually I don't have any "tactic", I just buy the most expensive personnel (trainer, physiotherapist, etc. -> there are more options now), and try to not overload the players, I mean, give them periodic rest times, because if they're excessively tired they'll start gettig mad and won't progress anymore; in the worst case scenario their stats'll go down. Too bad that now you don't see the table that showed you every player's progress (which showed a yellow bar telling you how much and in which specific stat they improved) after every match, you just get a message from the trainer (?) telling you in which one they progressed.

Right now my main PC's harddisk is dead  :( so even if I could get the data back I'd have to start all over again. I was in the third season (2013-2014) because in some cases when it was a match against an easy / boring team I just let the trainer play for me, and we won like... 95% of the cases, lol.

If I remember correctly, my squad was Casillas as GK, Júlio César as sub GK, in defense (from left to right) Daniel Alves (LAT), Arbeloa (CB), Puyol (CB), and Iván Córdoba (LAT); in the middle, Drenthe (LM), Ronaldinho (CM), and Ronaldo (RM); forwards were Robben (L EXT), Pato  (CF), and Cristiano Ronaldo (R EXT). Subs were uhh... Robinho, Kaká, Diego Forlán, Agüero, Eto'o, Mauro Zárate, Benzema, Rooney and a few others I might have forgotten right now :P
Well I've started getting better. Beat Aston Villa 3-0 and beat Unirea 4-1.

With the new PESedit.com stats Javier Hernandez is pretty good so I've been playing him up front and he scored 2 in the 4-1 :P He has 91 jump ability and 83 jump ability.
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=26587.msg346678#msg346678 date=1287739106]
He has 91 jump ability and 83 jump ability.
Makes sense.

I got both FIFA and PES on the xbox. I gotta say FIFA is much better but PES is fun. I dont see how you got alot of players up to 90, like wtf, too impossible D:

I gotta say the way in buying people (master league) is easier then FIFA, which makes it more fun to play with. That's perhaps 1 of the main reasons why I played PES 10 more often then FIFA 10 (I didn't know shit about how the new transferring system worked o.O).
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=26587.msg345623#msg345623 date=1287417769]
I'm a big PES fan since PES 4 :D
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=26587.msg345778#msg345778 date=1287479102]
I always hate FIFA
Exactly same, Though I started with PES 3  :D
Probably most of you already watched this one, anyway:

FIFA 11 vs PES 2011