Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

how was sa-mp b4
(10-17-2010, 03:23 PM)Xen0n link Wrote: I understand what you're saying.  The problem today is that the flaming may be there but while people are flaming/being flamed the whining in admin chat is there too.  "OMG DIDNT YOU SEE HIM SAY FUCK YOU TO ME SHITTY ADMIN?" 

oh and lets not forget the 500 different forms of avoiding death and abuse there is now.  There used to be a time that if you were fighting and/or chased someone down and if they jumped onto the ship, you pretty much lossed.  Yes of course it was lame and annoying.  Being LVP crew sucks these days having to babysit ship lamers and respond to what everyone THINKS is ship laming and/or some form of death avoiding.

I support this statement of missus Xen0n. Hence I quit it all.
(10-17-2010, 04:53 PM)Fat Cobra link Wrote: remove the shipzone then, its pathetic anyway
me is agre wiz hem :D:3
what happened to Ownage Owls ?
Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=26546.msg345336#msg345336 date=1287338403]
Who's that? I've never heard of that clan before  :+

Ontopic: The good thing about the old days of SAMP was the player amount, and it used to be like 100+players.
They're still alive, not active though.
(10-15-2010, 09:36 PM)Maka link Wrote: SA:MP back in 06/07 had way more interesting characters in the community. It was a really fun time and it was rarely boring.
It had tons of clans and gangs, which actually meant something. Every day there were wars, talks, flaming, and so on. I know this may still happen now, but it was way more fun back then. There wasn't any bullshit either with all the endless modding and cheating etc. If you got caught, you simply got caught and had nihil chance to still get into a clan and stuff. It's just how it went.
There was way more action, and everyone seemed to know everyone. The general IQ-level as I call it, seemed higher.
It's just different then it is now. I believe it all started changing at 2008, and has gone downhill ever since, which has led to a lot of us to actually quit the game. I know, some people return now, and some have never quit, but that doesn't mean the game hasn't changed.

SA:MP was actually fun in those days. Later on, it became more and more lame. Just my opinion, though.

I agree with this story, it was jusst more fun back then. It are the little details all together wich made it a whole different thing.

There was much more respect. Flaming was between gangs and was just funny and the gang wars with it even funnier.

People were dedicated to that one clan and the clans were serious and was all about proud and honor. Just clean and no need to cheat or bug abuse. Just raw fights.

My opinion it's just the players wich are playing are changed a lot. "Back then"(sorry couldn't let it) as a crew member if you muted/kicked/banned/warned someone or forget to do if someone asked it. You didn't get the " WTF ETMIN YOUA RE LAZY FUCK ASSHOLE" or " WHY THE FUCK DID YOU KICKED ME".

It was just one big funny party.
(10-16-2010, 10:43 AM)Maka link Wrote: Couldn't have asked for a better post. That video basically showed a bit what it was about on the classic LVP: Thugs & Clowns.
Not to mention that Prodigy tune being effingly awesome. :D

Maybe you people should search for a video Nakebod (Sander) once made. He filmed B&A/ONB vs SiN/CT one day when the server was pretty full. Is that one still around? I only remember it's on the forum here somewhere.

Ahh man, this brings back some sweet memories- I'll watch the video after making this post. The gangbase had a good few wars, but I remember being in CT when B&A were inactive (for a short time), and we drove/flew up to the mansion and held it against inferior clans, as it was the most valuable property at the time.
Then I remember our attack on the gangbase at one stage (I know Jay was there, MosteeL, Rhydah and a couple others) where we'd fly in and parachute.
Terrible strategy but fun as all hell :D

And yeah, on the topic of flaming, the flaming back in '07 was never any more mature or any smarter. It's always been bitching and moaning about this or that, it's just that it takes people a year or more to really see how pointless it is (or at least until they're bored of the game/community, so they're viewing the arguments more as spectators). That being said some people just were really, really fucking stupid and poor flamers without a doubt- and some don't ever change.
(10-18-2010, 01:02 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Ahh man, this brings back some sweet memories- I'll watch the video after making this post. The gangbase had a good few wars, but I remember being in CT when B&A were inactive (for a short time), and we drove/flew up to the mansion and held it against inferior clans, as it was the most valuable property at the time.
Then I remember our attack on the gangbase at one stage (I know Jay was there, MosteeL, Rhydah and a couple others) where we'd fly in and parachute.
Terrible strategy but fun as all hell :D

And yeah, on the topic of flaming, the flaming back in '07 was never any more mature or any smarter. It's always been bitching and moaning about this or that, it's just that it takes people a year or more to really see how pointless it is (or at least until they're bored of the game/community, so they're viewing the arguments more as spectators). That being said some people just were really, really fucking stupid and poor flamers without a doubt- and some don't ever change.

Haha, great post.
Jerico and Madolis said it all.
They left sa:mp altogether and play on MTA now.