Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: How should the tournament work?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ladder
25.42%
15 25.42%
Groups
27.12%
16 27.12%
Most Wins
25.42%
15 25.42%
Most Kills
20.34%
12 20.34%
Other(Please Post)
1.69%
1 1.69%
Total 59 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[WINNER=[BB]Darkness]Top 10 RW Fighters Tournament[Congratz]
this will take a year lol
(07-31-2010, 02:05 PM)Lithirm link Wrote: If you do it with a ladder thing everyone wouldn't fight.
This way you might fight someone you can't beat for another reason and thus won't get to fight players that you can beat.

In my opinion everyone should fight everyone and then calculate the total amount of kills after the entire tournament is done. You'll get to fight lots of times and thus having a bigger chance and a more fair chance to win.

Everyone wouldn't fight?

Heres an example of how it would work:
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

I see EvilGate on some server, tell him I challenge him (he has to accept unless hes busy or going, due to signing up to this tourney).

If I win;
iou
EvilGate
Dacads

If he wins;
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

Another example: Dacads see's me on some server, saying "eyo imma take your spot, bring it".

If he wins;
EvilGate
Dacads
iou :<

If I win;
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

In shorter words, you have to fight to hold your spot, as well as fight to climb the the ladder.
You should always be focusing on the one above.
If you are challenged by the one below, you cannot deny for any other reasons than;
"No, lets do it another day",
"I'm busy at the moment",
"Lets do it on another server"

^ Those are valid reasons, while these ain't;
"You lag",
"No, I'm scared :'("
Or a simple ignore.

Counting wins isn't in anyway fair, it will just make this another duelling event..
The goal was to decide the top 10 fighters, even if that's nearly impossible, a ladder is always the best choice in gaming.

If we do it this way, then yeah it could take forever because there is no end.
But when the ladder starts to freeze, you can end it.
Maybe after a month or something.

Just my 100 cents.

(07-31-2010, 03:10 PM)iou link Wrote: Everyone wouldn't fight?

Heres an example of how it would work:
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

I see EvilGate on some server, tell him I challenge him (he has to accept unless hes busy or going, due to signing up to this tourney).

If I win;
iou
EvilGate
Dacads

If he wins;
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

Another example: Dacads see's me on some server, saying "eyo imma take your spot, bring it".

If he wins;
EvilGate
Dacads
iou :<

If I win;
EvilGate
iou
Dacads

In shorter words, you have to fight to hold your spot, as well as fight to climb the the ladder.
You should always be focusing on the one above.
If you are challenged by the one below, you cannot deny for any other reasons than;
"No, lets do it another day",
"I'm busy at the moment",
"Lets do it on another server"

^ Those are valid reasons, while these ain't;
"You lag",
"No, I'm scared :'("
Or a simple ignore.

Counting wins isn't in anyway fair, it will just make this another duelling event..
The goal was to decide the top 10 fighters, even if that's nearly impossible, a ladder is always the best choice in gaming.

If we do it this way, then yeah it could take forever because there is no end.
But when the ladder starts to freeze, you can end it.
Maybe after a month or something.

Just my 100 cents.
well, its ok for me

BUT WHY U SIGNED? :(
To kick your ass :o
Oh, my bad, I meant the Group thing. Sorry for making you waste your time iou. :>

Yes, that's a good idea and I like it. However, the ladder has to be created at first, so someone must start as number 1. After that you have to decide when the current number 1 actually is number 1.
Ok the ping limit will be 200, rules added to 1st post :Y)

I have added a new poll to determine how the tournament system will work, get voting :+
i would say Group on it the 30players and you have to fight every member in this group win = 3points lose = 0points and who gets the highest points win, but that will take like 5years! XD
In-game: [T]Cranslator
Contact Info: maceraci_6@hotmail.com
-delete-
Get voting guys.

1) Ladder is where you have to fight guy above you, if you lose you stay in your position in ladder, if you win you go up and take place of loser and he will come down to your place. This will go on till the Ladder is not changing a lot and we  can then determine the Top 10 as it will be in order.
2) Group stages is where there are 5 groups of 6 people, the top two go through to next round and thus until there is a winner.
3)Most Wins is where you fight every one until and we will find out who has most wins at end.
4)Most kills is also where you fight everyone and the person with the most kills at end will be determined winner and rest put in order.