Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Extreme Metal
(08-04-2014, 09:11 PM)Maka link Wrote: Has anyone listened to the new/leaked Opeth album yet? I keep reading and hearing people are disappointed with it. Apparently it's more progressive rock-oriented again like Heritage.

Edge of Sanity - Twilight

Still one of my favourites.

Nope, Didn't know it was leaked, I might have to hit RoadRunner Records up for a copy for my radio show! I need to finish getting Opeth's albums they're on my list like many others...

Edge of Sanity are brilliant! One of a few great bands you've got me into Maka. Will crank Twilight on my radio show this week.

97.1 3MDR - Midnight Mosh
www.3mdr.com
(Stream on Right hand side)
GMT +10 12am to 4am
I've heard three songs. One was boring, the other two were pretty good.
Not anywhere near Blackwater Park, Deliverance or Ghost Reveries or any of that, but good. If I were to discover a new band with those songs I probably wouldn't follow up on them too heavily though. It'll be worth at least checking out the album.
(08-05-2014, 04:53 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: I've heard three songs. One was boring, the other two were pretty good.
Not anywhere near Blackwater Park, Deliverance or Ghost Reveries or any of that, but good. If I were to discover a new band with those songs I probably wouldn't follow up on them too heavily though. It'll be worth at least checking out the album.
Interesting, Will post my thoughts once I get it, All three of those albums you mentioned are masterpieces mate, Masters Apprentices will forever be my favourite Opeth song closely followed by Bleak. The song When from the album My Arms, Your Hearse is fucking amazing too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ZHajw3-3s

Epic bump...

Maddo you into Marduk and Inquisition? (Plus couple local bands I think)
JAN 2015   

http://tickets.thehifi.com.au/default.aspx?Event=46494

Marduk - Christraping Black Metal

I plan to go, Marduk kick major ass, Going to check into Inquisition and suss them out.

Also, Saw Hour of Penance and Cannibal Corpse Friday night. Was so fucking awesome!! Plan to get some Hour of Penance albums only heard album and a bit plus what they played live, And Cannibal Corpse kicked major fucking ass! Was so fucking good, Grabbed their new album, Already listened to it through, Its fucking amazing and worth checking out.
Big tour announcement but I'm not really into either of them.
I heard CC/HoP was good but was at a mate's show that night. Always good to hear Corpsegrinder hanging out after that show and drinking and taking photos with the fans.
(09-15-2014, 01:39 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Big tour announcement but I'm not really into either of them.
I heard CC/HoP was good but was at a mate's show that night. Always good to hear Corpsegrinder hanging out after that show and drinking and taking photos with the fans.
Ah fair enough, I've got Opeth's new album, Plan to have a listen when I get home.

Edit:

Listened to Opeth's new album, Its an ok album nothing that special I'm a little disappointed in it.

Also, Mate I host radio with (of course knows I love Black Metal) emailed Maric Media because they emailed him about the Marduk tour and they are responsible for the tour booking stuff for Marduk & Inquisition and got us VIP tickets for the HiFi Bar gig!
Ah nice one man!
oh my do I hate black metal.

not "extreme" metal but I got tickets to see Slipknot and KoRn in november. should bring back some fond teenage memories.
(09-19-2014, 07:23 AM)HaZe link Wrote: oh my do I hate black metal.

not "extreme" metal but I got tickets to see Slipknot and KoRn in november. should bring back some fond teenage memories.
Black Metal Ist Krieg \m/ I love it personally but each to their own as always. Slipknot are amazing live but sadly when I saw them Paul had passed away and it was the Memorial World Tour...But still amazing! I like KoRn but haven't seen them live yet. As of late I've been listening to a lot of Death Metal & Technical Death Metal.
SYLOSIS - Empyreal (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)
I like