Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Helicopter Killing
I think drive-by's and heli-kills shouldnt be banned.
I to find it annoying if someone rides me over or kill me in a drive-by but what can you do?
If only something could be done to the effectiveness of a weapon, so drive-by's can be legal, it would be more fun.
And the heli kills??? Cant you people flee near buildings or other objects like i do?

If a kind of fuel system was implemented, that if you enter the chopper, the number of passengers will multiply the fuel consumption so they cant be to long in the air. Wouldnt that be a idea :?
We've had the discussion over fuel systems numberous times, and there's a general no about that kind of stuff.

I'd like to see some kind of rule, that prohibits lame tactics, so we can have stuff like the driveby menu and respawn helicopters ingame without complaints. But, also from this rule, administrators could act against lame gang movements.

LVP is respected by some for it's attitude against drivebyers, and lamers in general. Our community is against lame tactics, and I'd like to keep the peace by punishing those that go against this norm.
(08-19-2007, 10:08 PM)El_Guerrero link Wrote: I think the drive-by menu should be implemented for heli-killing. Sometimes a heli-kill can be by accident. If this is the case, then they shouldn't be punished. But if a heli-killer is intentionally killing people, then they deserve to have their money taken away and to be jailed.

i agree with this, and that's why i disagree with tomozj's idea, a helkill isn't always on purpose, thus making it quite annoying to get a new chopper if you accidently helikilled someone, which maks the drive-by menu usefull because you can 'forgive' someone,
That would be fine, but I'd rather not a jail one, but more stuff like explode, send to the desert in another vworld with no cmds, for instance. Then they'd have to run all the way to LV to their 'portal' back. Pretty fun.  8)7

Oh, and it could storm for them too! :+
Yer but then they would just log out and log in again, because lets face it, most of the people who are lame enough to do this dont have weapons or money, so it doesnt matter if they log out and loose it all, then they would log back in in the normal world again. You would have to kind of copy what happens in jail, if you log out then you get added time, but if you log out while in another world, you get a longer distance to run :D That would be cool, great idea TJ :D
How about just shooting down the choppers trying to heli-kill? 3 people with m4's get a chopper down in no-time.

A more unorthodox idea: Put a rocketlauncher with 1 rocket and a long respawn time at the base. This way choppers are toast and it still can't be used effectivly in a gangwar.
(08-19-2007, 09:57 PM)ElvisPresley link Wrote: I am sick of people complaining about heli killing and drive-by's. There is nothing more pathetic than a wanna-be hitman going around crying like a newborn infant everytime someone kills him or he didn't get credit for a kill. Everyone has a HUD with information showing every player and their proximaty in relationship to you. You can always pause, taxi, or teleport you way out of a situation if you must. It is my understanding that heli killing is not against the rules and that drive-by killing is not against the rules, but drive-by killing is punishable. Personally, I think that the punishment for drive-by's is unfair. I just hit people with a drive-by until they are almost dead and then I get out and do the kill shot on foot. I enjoy killing people with the helicopter blades. It is fun. So deal with it, you wuss. See you on the streets.

-EP

Doing things like This can highly decrease your Respect Levels at LVP amoungst Regulars, I wouldn't Advise it.

Sure you might find it fun, Fun for the killer, Not fun for the Killed. When were fighting in Base, A Gang war, And People Like you come along and Ruin our fun by killing via Driveby, running over or Heli killing, Is Really fucking Lame. Do Not do it, Its shit.

Somthing needs doing about heli killing, A lot of complaints are coming in about it, Why are the Management keeping quiet on these complaints/ideas?
(08-20-2007, 12:07 PM)theHolyCow link Wrote: How about just shooting down the choppers trying to heli-kill? 3 people with m4's get a chopper down in no-time.

A more unorthodox idea: Put a rocketlauncher with 1 rocket and a long respawn time at the base. This way choppers are toast and it still can't be used effectivly in a gangwar.

Yes, at the base it's easy to take them down, but when you're walking down the street it gets really annoying.

Oh, and please no RPG at the base - that way if a cheater pulls one out he can just say he got it at the base. M4s are enough to take these babies down if you know how, but sometimes in the streets when they hover directly above you this isn't possible. Then you run backwards and it's an easy kill.
(08-20-2007, 12:07 PM)theHolyCow link Wrote: How about just shooting down the choppers trying to heli-kill? 3 people with m4's get a chopper down in no-time.

Shooting the choppers down with the m4 is indeed very possible, the only problem is that when you are in a gang fight switching your m4 out to kill the helin00b will be your death as the m4 drasticly decreases movement speed making you a very easy target for the enemy gang you are fighting at the moment. In my opinion something should be done fast about this heli killing, especially around the gang base as this is destroying the whole gang fights aspect that was once such a great feature of LVP.

I also have to agree with Grove on this for once and think the management should put out a message about the heli killing whether it will be allowed or not. Seeing the number of complaints this is the least the management should do.
Well indeed there must be a fuqin change.
I couldn't do 1 fuqin Gang war without a Chopperkiller.
I was that pissed off you cant believe it.
It ruined my ratio, lol.
What did the Admins and Mods do? Just watch and nothing else. Heheh .. :(

[Image: samp140qo4.jpg]
[Image: samp141ye4.jpg]
[Image: samp146ch0.jpg]

That guy Supadupra is a ******************************** .
This guy wont stop even if there is a Rule, he is addicted to it, doing the whole day...