Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[S] Helicopter Killing
I find it a bad solution just like the drive-by menu.
If you can make a script that causes damage by vehicles (ridin over) and damage from sitting in a car (drive-by) to be reduced a lot, it makes it more interesting for me.
Why do you forbid something that is a part of the game???

If its too LAME to do a drive-by because of the effectiveness, then change that, and not with help of drive-by menu's.
Just change the damage.
So you're debating the concept of stopping people using these 'lame' tactics?

Well, San Andreas was developed as a single player game, so the driveby, and helicopter kills were implemented as easy and 'fun' ways to kill off pedestrians. If you put these features into a multiplayer game, however, they are overpowered and considered lame, thus why we punish for using them.

Oh, and we can't script the amount of damage done by these type of kills smoothly afaik, so it wouldn't be worth it. We just need to decourage these types of kills by implementing systems like this. Drivebying is worse than a heli kill in my opinion, as it's easier (just point and shoot) and you can get away very quickly, if anything was to go wrong. With a heli kill, you have to line it up, and if someone's at the gang base for instance, they heli kill and get their helicopter respawned and are set to the ground. Do you think the gang will treat them nicely?

Not a chance.
(08-19-2007, 02:00 PM)tomozj link Wrote: So you're debating the concept of stopping people using these 'lame' tactics?

No, im just the kind of guy who thought there maybe a other solution instead of the menu.
What you call to be lame is in fact (like you said it yourself) only some overpowered action.
Thats why i came up with my idea. So instead of feeling attacked  :+ like i notice from your first words, you just could say the scripting cant be done.

I iself dont like the new kind of drive-by. People who almost kill you from theyre comfortable carseat.
And afterwards drive you over, or shot you while they just got out of the car.

A complete drive-by isnt allowed so they now shoot you till you got a few %.  :(
Yes, that also sucks, but I guess with guys like them you have to just try your best to kill them. The other day someone drivebyed me then ran me over, and was sitting ontop of me, then some other guy crashed into him and I could get up. Then I attacked his car (which blew up) so he scrabled to another car and drove off with a burst tyre, before I blew his ass up. He was too far away for me to chase and finish the kill, however.

These lamers are just hated in our community, and I hope that's enough to get them to realize to stop being so lame and play with skill like most others.

Also, sorry for appearing aggressive, just when you say that this along with the drive-by menu are bad ideas, I like to defend them. :)
You have to remember that if you are fast enough you can dodge a driveby with someo f your health remaining, you can dodge the helicopter but if you do get hit then it is instant death. You also waste al your ammunition on the heli noobs and you dont get a kill for it, becausethey either blow up, or theyre even lame enough to type /kill . . .
Quote:You have to remember that if you are fast enough you can dodge a driveby with someo f your health remaining,

Do you got eyes in your back to?? I thought i was the only human with eyes in my back... :+
Well, Imo, Tj your Idea Is not harsh enough, Not harsh enough at ALL!

They say the Driveby menu comes up Because Drivebying is an Unfair Advantage, so what? Heli killing isn't?

Look here:
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=2329.0

33 People Voted That Somthing needs to be done, 33! Thats a Lot. At least, Your idea is good for the time being, But something more harsh defintly needs to be done
(08-19-2007, 04:42 PM)Grove link Wrote: Well, Imo, Tj your Idea Is not harsh enough, Not harsh enough at ALL!

They say the Driveby menu comes up Because Drivebying is an Unfair Advantage, so what? Heli killing isn't?

Look here:
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=2329.0

33 People Voted That Somthing needs to be done, 33! Thats a Lot. At least, Your idea is good for the time being, But something more harsh defintly needs to be done

The poll only gives "yes" and "no" on the question if they want to stop heli and drive-by killing.
The only thing Grove mentions as a solution is the drive-by menu.
So "yes' means agreement with the menu.
A good poll should have open possibilitys like; "yes - via menu", "yes - other solution", "no" and "not sure"
Thats why i voted NO
I am sick of people complaining about heli killing and drive-by's. There is nothing more pathetic than a wanna-be hitman going around crying like a newborn infant everytime someone kills him or he didn't get credit for a kill. Everyone has a HUD with information showing every player and their proximaty in relationship to you. You can always pause, taxi, or teleport you way out of a situation if you must. It is my understanding that heli killing is not against the rules and that drive-by killing is not against the rules, but drive-by killing is punishable. Personally, I think that the punishment for drive-by's is unfair. I just hit people with a drive-by until they are almost dead and then I get out and do the kill shot on foot. I enjoy killing people with the helicopter blades. It is fun. So deal with it, you wuss. See you on the streets.

-EP
Now Elvis. The thing with driveby-ing and heli-killing is that it is an unfair advantage. Sure you don't see a problem with it because you do both these things. You wouldn't see a problem with it because you don't want to see a problem.

It is annoying to be in an intense gang fight and have a heli swoop down and kill half the men. In an intense fire-fight, you can't be looking on your radar hud every 3 seconds looking for a heli.

I think the drive-by menu should be implemented for heli-killing. Sometimes a heli-kill can be by accident. If this is the case, then they shouldn't be punished. But if a heli-killer is intentionally killing people, then they deserve to have their money taken away and to be jailed.

Thats my $0.02