Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA V?
Still no evidence of chars running like they have slippery bananas under their feet in this game.
Some new screens, some old but with a little more more new info.

[Image: dgWcF8Q.jpg][Image: O4dLrQM.png]
[Image: nPfFTys.png][Image: pUcDFPk.png]
[Image: mjh5ESm.jpg][Image: LBlK7dL.png]
[Image: HmlmIh3.png%5Bimg%5D][Image: P2NwbHy.png]
[Image: VEPAQt1.jpg][Image: fcwUH0m.jpg]

Summary
• "Time will sometimes pass when you switch, allowing Rockstar to subtly nudge the story forward"
• The camera is "grainy" when pulling up into the Google Earth style view, during switches.
• "They'll each stick, broadly speaking, to one area of the map". [When you're not controlling them.]
• The descent when Franklin drops from the Helicopter, that opens the demo, took 3 minutes.
• "We're in Red Dead country, then, with the soporific rhythm of hooves on dirt replaced by the whistle of wind through silk, and a new, dynamic score". [The hooves are probably referring to Red Dead, and not confirmation of horses.]
• The hotel Michael is leaving during the demo is called Von Crastenburg (I couldn't remember if the name has been mentioned before, though the hotel part has, but I included it anyway).
• The ambient score when Franklin descends has a soft-synth reminiscent of something out of the Drive OST.
• The view of the land is flatter in the radar/mini-map, reminiscent of a GPS (whatever that means), and three colour meters for health, armour and Special are below it (mentioned before as green, blue and yellow respectively).
• Michael looks like a tough guy, in his walk, but his sprint shows his age.
• "80's Soul" heard from one car.
• Handling is more forgiving, but not "dumbed down".
• You'll only be able to switch characters, when a menu overlay appears in the bottom corner during missions. A lot of the switches in mission are made automatically. There are also text prompts suggesting character switches.
• During the demo of the Blitz Party mission, Michael, Trevor and Franklin were donning the hockey mask, skull mask and monkey mask (respectively). [Whereas in Michael's trailer they were wearing gas masks; perhaps a development change, or an idea on the choice we have?]
• The characters' turning circle is more like Max Payne's, and less like Niko's (so smoother movement).
Ah man I'm very excited.
(05-10-2013, 03:31 AM)Maddolis link Wrote: Ah man I'm very excited.

Me too mate.
The colors in the trailer look a little bit too contrasted and cartoonish, which I think is good. I don't know why, I just find the graphics a bit unique and I love the colors.
And Trevor looks like he'll be one awesome character. I'm starting to get excited again about this game.
(05-10-2013, 05:30 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: The colors in the trailer look a little bit too contrasted and cartoonish, which I think is good. I don't know why, I just find the graphics a bit unique and I love the colors.
And Trevor looks like he'll be one awesome character. I'm starting to get excited again about this game.

Contrasted for sure, though I'd leave the 'cartoonish' label to Saints Row or something.
Looks realistic enough for me.
The graphics scream GTA to me. It's how it should be.
I'm waiting, FateTrip.
GTA Wallpaper art recently released by Rockstar.

[Image: 0LmG0xQ.jpg%5Bimg%5D][Image: T6tB1XN.jpg]
[Image: pdrBFt8.jpg%5Bimg%5D][Image: AJd9lxK.jpg]
GTA V Special Editions Announced!

From Rockstar Games
Announcing the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition and Collector’s Edition – Available for Pre-Order Starting Today

We are proud to announce full details of the Special Edition and Collector's Edition of Grand Theft Auto V - which will be available for worldwide pre-order starting today from participating retailers.
As an additional bonus, those who pre-order any edition of Grand Theft Auto V (including the Special Edition, Collector’s Edition or the standard retail edition) between now and September 17th will get access to pilot the Atomic Blimp in-game vehicle.
[Image: lR1iPmH.jpg]

High above the streets of Los Santos floats the Atomic Blimp, hawking Los Santos’ finest tire company (whose products are available in any LS Customs garage). Pre-order now to gain the ability to pilot the most iconic and leisurely aircraft in the Los Santos skies (please note that all pre-orders made before today will also get access to the blimp).

The Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition includes:

Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V

Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork
    This special SteelBook features double-sided, never-before-seen artwork of Michael, Trevor and Franklin. Custom color and metallic treatments bring out the detail of the artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook. 

Blueprint Map
    This exclusive, additional 21.5” x 26.75” map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County. Cryptic markings indicate locations for fast cash and other points of interest for the up-and-coming entrepreneur. 

Special Ability Boost
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster.

Stunt Plane Trials
    Single player Stunt Plane Trials let you take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County.

Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More
    Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County.

Additional Weapons
    When visiting Ammunation stores in single player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

[Image: 1SlidMA.jpg] [Image: J3bU0Nd.jpg]

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition includes all the contents of Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition as described above plus:

Grand Theft Auto V Security Deposit Bag with Logo Key
    Inspired by the heists in Grand Theft Auto V, this custom 10.75” x 8.5” money bag features a pop-up style lock and laser cut logo key to secure important items. The reverse side features a pressed Rockstar Games logo on the security mount with a framed ID window.

Grand Theft Auto V New Era 9FIFTY™ Snapback Cap
    This exclusive New Era 9FIFTY™ cap features an embroidered Los Santos logo on the front, a stitched, black Rockstar Games logo on the wearer’s left side, a Grand Theft Auto ‘V’ logo applique on the opposite side, and snapback closure for an adjustable fit.

Custom Characters for Grand Theft Auto Online
    Get classic Grand Theft Auto characters to use within the Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System.

Unique Vehicles and Garage Property
    Players will instantly receive a garage to store custom vehicles. In single player, the garage will be stocked with the 1930’s style Hotknife hotrod and the CarbonRS sports bike. In Grand Theft Auto Online, players will get the high-end Khamelion electric car.

[Image: xt9DUwP.jpg] [Image: QWywZ6j.jpg]

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition comes packaged in a premium outer box featuring a foil embossed Grand Theft Auto V logo on the top, finished with a matte, scuff-resistant film lamination, housing all of the contents.

The Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition and Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition are the perfect way for fans to celebrate the return of GTA, with special digital content and exclusive Grand Theft Auto V physical items. Grand Theft Auto V Collector’s Edition will retail for $149.99, while the Grand Theft Auto V Special Edition will retail for $79.99. All versions are now available for pre-order until September 17, 2013 while supplies last.

Look for online pre-order links to be updated at www.rockstargames.com/V/preorder starting later today.

--------------------------------------------

The Special Editions aren't available everywhere but will be available in most countries.

Edit: High-Res pictures added.