Las Venturas Playground
GTA V? - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Gaming (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: GTA V? (/thread-22025.html)

GTA V? - Turkey - 12-29-2009

Quote:Rockstar Games' Dan Houser, one of the visionaries behind the Grand Theft Auto series, has told The Times that GTA V is on the cards, following a decision on which city to base the action.

The piece teases that the script will run up to 1,000 pages, which The Times notes is ten times as much as a feature film. “We'll think of a city first, then the characters,” Houser said in a surprisingly rare high-profile interview.

The co-creator of the series also went on record to discuss the debate surrounding violence in computer games, which recently came to a head following Modern Warfare 2's release. The defence of the industry by MP Tom Watson was probably cause for Houser to feel a bit more relaxed about the subject.

“It feels at last like we’re moving on from [the computer games creates violence] debate. The audience is getting past 30 so it all becomes a bit silly. That’s not to say that all games are for all people; we’ve never said that. GTA has always been rated 18 and we’ve always been very happy with that.

“Nevertheless, we do get frustrated when video games are singled out and movies are given a free pass. Manhunt 2 was banned in the same week that Saw was released. The arguments become quite ludicrous quite quickly when people argue that games are somehow more dangerous than full-motion video.”

Speaking of Manhunt 2, the controversy of the game's ban could have been seen as a good thing for Rockstar. You know, free publicity and all that. But Houser actually said the denial of classification worked against the studio, as he candidly states that a game's banning “means we’re not doing our first job, of making the investors back their money.”

But you're a Rockstar, Dan! What is this corporate nonsense? It's good to see that the reputation of being the creator of one of the biggest games series ever hasn't gone to his head though. Houser fully acknowledges the work of the studio team and points to that as the reason he's not in the public spotlight much – to try and not take all of the credit.

“We’ve got, you know, 100 plus people, at least 80 per cent of whom are far more intelligent than me, and to start saying it’s me or Sam or the pair of us because we’re such crazy brothers just seems stupid. And it’s not fair or appropriate.”

So what is your wish list for the next GTA? Which city would you like to play in? Which decade?

If you ask me, I would love to play on a Vice City remake. I loved the 80s feeling, the music, the vehicles, the map - just everything! :7

Re: GTA V? - Gibbs - 12-29-2009

I totally agree about the Vice City thing!
I'm just sad, that I cannot even afford to play GTA IV :D, and the time I could afford to buy all the machinery and stuff to play GTA V  I will be over 20 and stuff and bla bla bla...that's another story :D
Anyways <3 VC, and I believe whatever they do, will be great.

Re: GTA V? - Ettans - 12-29-2009

I agree, Vice City was one of the best with its atmosphere. I liked the vibrant colors, the afros etc. As far as I know, the next game might actually take place in Vice City.

[Image: 1258248427.jpg]

Source: Ad in the 'Episodes From Liberty City' manual.

Re: GTA V? - Rien - 12-29-2009

Vice City.

Re: GTA V? - Maka - 12-29-2009

Mexico, bruv.

Nah, now on a more serious note.. Vice City would be okay. Thinking of other places still.. but English speaking countries would be a must. Plus, a nice crime rate.

Re: GTA V? - Dominator33 - 12-29-2009

I'd rather see a new city/landscape then Vice City/Liberty City/whatever again. Vice City was cool though, but i'd rather see something new. And let the PC release be on the same date as the PS3/X360 rlease  O+

@Maka, Mexico sounds pretty fun. Youve got big deserts and shit, but also some cities (right? my knowledge of mexico isnt that big  :> ) And afaik, there is also some crime in Mexico, amirite?

As long its not some gangster hiphop, and please Rockstar, pay attention to the missions, dont let them be the same all the time.

Re: GTA V? - Turkey - 12-29-2009

It doesn't necessarily has to be an English speaking city in my opinion. A more or less modern Mexican city on the coast would be awesome, too.
It still should have an 80s feeling though.

(12-29-2009, 12:33 PM)Ettans link Wrote: I agree, Vice City was one of the best with its atmosphere. I liked the vibrant colors, the afros etc. As far as I know, the next game might actually take place in Vice City.

[Image: 1258248427.jpg]

Source: Ad in the 'Episodes From Liberty City' manual.

Yay! I hope it's not a prank. :D

(12-29-2009, 12:32 PM)Gibbs link Wrote: I totally agree about the Vice City thing!
I'm just sad, that I cannot even afford to play GTA IV :D, and the time I could afford to buy all the machinery and stuff to play GTA V  I will be over 20 and stuff and bla bla bla...that's another story :D
Anyways <3 VC, and I believe whatever they do, will be great.

Well I bet that they will use the same engine as in GTA IV. :)

Re: GTA V? - Peru - 12-29-2009

[Image: <a href=www.totalvideogames.com_69780_gta-next-full.jpg]" class="mycode_img" />

The site from which I got this from says that the image looks like Mt. Chilliad. Which brings the question: Would you rather play in Vice City with GTA IV's graphics or play in San Andreas with GTA IV's graphics?

Re: GTA V? - Turkey - 12-29-2009

Definitely Vice City. :+

I've read somewhere that there's another game (I think it was Midnight Club) from Rockstar, with the same engine as GTA IV, that is set in Las Vegas/San Andreas. They assumed that Rockstar could take that map so they don't have to build another city. I hope they are wrong!

Re: GTA V? - Maka - 12-29-2009

(12-29-2009, 01:17 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: I'd rather see a new city/landscape then Vice City/Liberty City/whatever again. Vice City was cool though, but i'd rather see something new. And let the PC release be on the same date as the PS3/X360 rlease  O+

@Maka, Mexico sounds pretty fun. Youve got big deserts and shit, but also some cities (right? my knowledge of mexico isnt that big  :> ) And afaik, there is also some crime in Mexico, amirite?

As long its not some gangster hiphop, and please Rockstar, pay attention to the missions, dont let them be the same all the time.

Mexico = King Crime. In other words, it has the highest crime rate of any country on the entire globe.