Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

GTA V?
Might I suggest following Rockstar on twitter - if you have a twitter account, of course - That way you'll know when R* makes any announcements :+

That sentence sounds failish to me, ah well.
I sincerely wish that the announcement of death of GTA III era is a freaking joke after all, damn, I really love those "relationships" between different GTA games.
Well, it would make sense, kinda. Liberty City in GTA III Doesn't even look similar to GTA IV's Liberty City, and even though I believe the manual states that LC's had a big makeover, no city would change like that in 10 years :+

Maybe they'll start over like.. I mean; connect characters from Liberty City (gtaIV) with characters from a new version of Vice City, and eventually with a new version of San Andreas, using the IV engine?

Hmm?
Quote:source: http://www.gtav.net/

According to reports, Rockstar Games has recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA 5's in-game Internet (assuming GTA V has an in-game Internet, as GTA IV did). The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com. If they were indeed registered for GTA V's in-game Internet, then it suggests that the game is set in relatively modern times, since the World Wide Web only became popular in the mid-1990s. Some have speculated that CashForDeadDreams could be a parody of Cash4Gold (or Cash For Clunkers?), that HammersteinFaust is a parody of Goldman Sachs, and that LifeInvader is a parody of LifeLock, or even possibly Facebook.

EDIT: gameinformer posted the following:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...nline.aspx
It's no secret that they are working on a new GTA... but the question is in which decade and city it will take place.

I've somewhere read that GTA 5 will be released in late 2012, the same year people expect a new console from Sony and Microsoft (Nintend as already anounced a new one).
If Sony and MS announce a new console next year, I think it's safe to say GTA V will still be released on the 'old' ones.
I created the same topic , I didn't notice this one :( Anyways , Sony did announce their consoles 6 years by each one . The PS3 was released in 2006 so its likely to
be released in 2012 - still there aren't any information about it tho .
Source
German source
Quote:Sony will have Taiwan-based partners begin production of PlayStation 4 (PS4) featuring body movement-based control like Kinect at the end of 2011 for launch in 2012, according to Taiwan-based component makers.

Foxconn and Pegatron Technology, assemblers of PS3, will undertake assembly of PS4 as well, the sources pointed out. The planned shipment volume of PS4 in 2012 is at least 20 million units, the sources indicated

Fake or truth?  :?

(07-04-2011, 01:51 PM)Rien link Wrote: If Sony and MS announce a new console next year, I think it's safe to say GTA V will still be released on the 'old' ones.

Why that?
After the PS3 was released, PS2 games were still being made for a couple of years afterwards. I think to maximize sales of the game, they'll release it for the PS3/360 first, then the PC a few months later. Then maybe make a port to the PS4/720.

Just speculation, though... and what I would do if I were Sam Houser.
Assuming that R*'s already working on GTA V - which they probably should be if they plan on a 2012 release, it would make no sense for them to suddenly scrap what they originally had, and start developing for a completely new console.

(07-04-2011, 05:28 PM)Danny link Wrote: Then maybe make a port to the PS4/720.

They better make the PS4 backwards compatible.

I guess we can expect an announcement from Sony and MS regarding new consoles sometime next year though.