Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

New PC
Odd enough, I only had like 63 FPS on it.. :X
(08-18-2009, 02:04 PM)Richard link Wrote: Odd enough, I only had like 63 FPS on it.. :X

- turn VSYNC off
- then do fps_max 300 or whatever the command is
Yeah I turned vsync off already :D
I checked the cmd and I got 370 FPS now :+
ty :D

Hmm, I walked a bit and I have 540 now :')
And 630 as max so far.
6 gb ram? wow, i lag. Thanx for this topic estroe, now i can buy a good one too, at paradigit?
what's vsync all about?
(08-19-2009, 11:50 AM)captaint link Wrote: 6 gb ram? wow, i lag. Thanx for this topic estroe, now i can buy a good one too, at paradigit?

azerty.nl
Only the PSU is from the Paradigit.

(08-19-2009, 12:01 PM)Killer_Klient link Wrote: what's vsync all about?

All I know is that I open the games within 2 seconds after turning it off.
(08-19-2009, 12:01 PM)Killer_Klient link Wrote: what's vsync all about?

It syncs your ingame FPS with the number of Hz/frames your monitor is giving out.

No matter how many your ingame FPS are, your monitor is still giving out a certain amount of frame-refreshs (usually 60-75Hz).

If you got Vsync on, it syncs your ingame engine FPS with the refreshrate your monitor has, which has advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is, that the game seems to be "smoother", but disadvantage is that your mouse laggs a bit and simply the fact that 60fps arent enough for an action online shooter.

Several game engines improve by a higher framerate (example counter strike - the more fps you got, the smaller is your weapons recoil -> more fps = advantage).
Also in racing games.

A guy playing with 100fps will ALWAYS be faster and better then a guy playing with just 20.
(08-19-2009, 01:47 PM)Hitman link Wrote: It syncs your ingame FPS with the number of Hz/frames your monitor is giving out.

No matter how many your ingame FPS are, your monitor is still giving out a certain amount of frame-refreshs (usually 60-75Hz).

If you got Vsync on, it syncs your ingame engine FPS with the refreshrate your monitor has, which has advantages and disadvantages. Advantage is, that the game seems to be "smoother", but disadvantage is that your mouse laggs a bit and simply the fact that 60fps arent enough for an action online shooter.

Several game engines improve by a higher framerate (example counter strike - the more fps you got, the smaller is your weapons recoil -> more fps = advantage).
Also in racing games.

A guy playing with 100fps will ALWAYS be faster and better then a guy playing with just 20.

Oh kk thanks. Is Vsync only for certain graphics card's or for all of them?
every video card can use it, but i'd disable it