Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
you can always overclock ram right?
(07-04-2009, 03:18 PM)Strika link Wrote: you can always overclock ram right?

yeah but most of 667MHz rams  cant be overclocked to 800MHz. Thats why i would just buy the DDR2-800 ones for example.

My DDR2800 can be overclocked to 870MHz perfectly stable. I tried 900MHz too but then i get a bluescreen in GTA IV
Thought so.. I was reffering to this, thinking the ram's were at different speeds.

(07-04-2009, 04:52 AM)TR1pin link Wrote: Well, I had 4gb ram DDR2 lying around from and old PC, and the mobo im buying has 4 slots, and I have 4gb ram from the shop, which I bought ages ago for the PC. So both make it 8gb
If I ever bought a PC to my likes I'd buy a 1066 mhz :P or even bigger, 1150 reaper
(07-04-2009, 05:14 PM)Strika link Wrote: If I ever bought a PC to my likes I'd buy a 1066 mhz :P or even bigger, 1150 reaper

aslong as you got an Intel Core2 CPU, the higher clockspeed doesnt matter because your FSB limits the bandwidth anyways :)
hitman u kno how to put old harddrive on pc?, i need to retrieve some old shit
if its an old HDD it should have an IDE cable, just connect dat shit with your mainboard, and go into your bios and eslect your  _current_  HDD as primary boot device and then the old hdd should just appear in windows and you can copy stuff..

although it kind of may be different if that old HDD has an own OS on it
You don't even have to go in the bios. It'll show up in my computer as a second drive and you can copy whatever you want.
Got PC,

22'' inch
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700, 2.66GHz :)
4GB ram
NVIDIA Geforce GT 120 Graphics
640g Memory

I have to upgrade GFX card right?
Yeah... Unless you want to use onboard graphics.