Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
It's an Intel® Core™ 2 Quad 2.5GHz processor Strika

Cloackster, I was just thinking about that. Cause both are really decent cards and can do basically the same. And $50 cheaper, so I might do that.

Well, I had 4gb ram DDR2 lying around from and old PC, and the mobo im buying has 4 slots, and I have 4gb ram from the shop, which I bought ages ago for the PC. So both make it 8gb
i know its an intel quad, but what model, like q6600 or something?
Q8300 ???
yea thats what i asked for :P good processor
Whats a good PSU for it, cause the PSU I got now is like old. So im going to get new one ;P
I got an Enermax Pro82+ 525W  running with an Q9550 @ 3.6GHz, a GTX 260, 2 HDDs and 8GB Ram.

Works just fine, i think i still have lots of "extra power" left if i would uprade an even more power hungry videocard someday.
So a 550watt should be good? :7
(07-04-2009, 01:10 PM)TR1pin link Wrote: So a 550watt should be good? :7

If its from a good brand, yes. If its some cheapass LC Power, not.
Erm, I heard that if you have 2 different types of ram running at different speeds you'll lose performance on the faster ram or some shit.
(07-04-2009, 03:06 PM)FarePak link Wrote: Erm, I heard that if you have 2 different types of ram running at different speeds you'll lose performance on the faster ram or some shit.

yeah, the faster rams run with the same speed as the slower ones.

For example: If you buy  4GB of DDR2-667MHz and 4GB DDR2-800MHz Ram, all 8GB would work with 667MHz.

To prevent that just buy the ram with same speed (DDR2-800; DDR2-1066 etc).