Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Upgrading My PC* | EDIT: Building PC - Help with parts.
the computer tec guy is a fool. definetly dont buy imac, buy a pc for the price rather and get everything a lot, a lot better. mac's is for companies/colleges etc. for industries or people that work with graphic or video editing, and it is not for gaming however, you can install vista on it but it will be no use when you could of just bought a pc. and upgrading is costing a lot and is not worth too, its a headcache also compared to pc upgrading.

it is possible to upgrade mac's gpu. just explain to your mum that you will waste the money for something that is overpriced just because of the trademark, tell her that pc is the same quality and you are paying for what you get.

PC > mac
rofl, this "tec guy" who recommended an iMac to a gamer should lose his job
He basically recomended it cause that it doesnt get virus, right?
well most viruses that are scripted for windows wont work on apple's MAC OSX.

well, most of windows software doesnt work on MAC OS X too (games, programs etc)

mac for gaming = failĀ  (often games dont work, and if you install vista on a mac you could have just bought a normal windows pc that has same power for 1/3 the price lol)
If you want a mac that badly you can just get a sick gaming PC for $1300 and use the remaining $800 for a macbook.

That tech-guy just wants more money out of you. That is the only possible reason for recommending an iMac.

I would've wasted alot of money :(

I'm getting
2.50GHz Quad Core
GTX 260
750 PSU
Windows Vista
1tb memory
8gb ram :)
22 inch screen
and a mouse and a keyboard

And I only have to pay $550 for it :P Mums paying for the rest
nice, what quad core is it? model
Why 8GB ram?

Edit: Also tech guys are jokes, they only reccomend that kinda stuff because they earn more money if they sell shit like that instead of building one yourself, they will also tell you aload of shit about you won't have any guarantee or w/e too so you'll get scared and try and not get you to build one.
With the current price drop of the HD 4850 and 4870, the GTX 260 is not worth the money any more. I would suggest to switch it with either of those 2 cards.
8gb ram is not really needed as you probably wont use all of it up, but for the future if you dont wanna upgrade it for a long time, why not! also id rather buy 4gb ddr2 1550mhz ram than 8gb of 800mhz or something :P