Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

#LVP.Echo Logs
Very nice again :D

1 thing though: If you search logs on the new regular server and then press the date/time it takes that date/time from the main server.(dunno if regular is in it too or not).
Pretty cool, I have to admit. Gets sexier all of the time. :+

However, with the introduction of the option for the "regular server" logs, I was thinking - should they maybe be private too? Seeing as though the echochan is private, therefor the messages aren't publicly available (duh) and are like the admin/vip messages. Maybe you could key it and add the key for !logs in #lvp.echo.vip?

O+
(10-17-2007, 10:18 PM)tomozj link Wrote: However, with the introduction of the option for the "regular server" logs, I was thinking - should they maybe be private too? Seeing as though the echochan is private, therefor the messages aren't publicly available (duh) and are like the admin/vip messages. Maybe you could key it and add the key for !logs in #lvp.echo.vip?
Meh, maybe. If I'd implent that, then I need to change the whole levels system or I had to make a second passwordbox. At the moment, I'm too lazy.

(10-17-2007, 08:48 PM)estroe link Wrote: 1 thing though: If you search logs on the new regular server and then press the date/time it takes that date/time from the main server.(dunno if regular is in it too or not).
Hm, fixed.

Also, I found a better and much faster way to search through the logs database. It required changing the table so much, that I actually emptied it so that applying the changes wouldn't take like 4 days :/ Luckily I have a back-up and will be migrating that to the new table asap. An indication of the new speed? Well, searching for 't00tz' in the complete database took 19 seconds and some change before and 0.3 seconds after. I guess that's more than worth it. Too bad about the case-sensitive search, which is gone for now, since I haven't figured out how to do a case-sensitive search. Also, it adds a lot of search operators *O* For now, see here: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/f...olean.html. I'll make a short document when I feel like it.

Also, I split the tableheader so that general info is on the left side, and stats on the right side. Gives a little more air around things, don't you think? And I made myself a nice error-catcher which puts every error that occured during execution in a nice table below the results (which isn't working atm :')). This way, stupid errors won't be fscking the lay-out. I also made the short URL creation a little bit faster, by adding a die() somewhere :+

And thanks for the compliments all :D
For now, DO NOT USE !logs <something> because it will crash klotebot. Just use: http://klotebot.nl/echologs/ . Mrbondt can tell u why cuz i dont have any understanding about how these thing work :P
Update. Instead of using MySQL's own indexer, I now use a third party indexer. This means for you that you have blazingly fast logs. I will also delete all entries older than 3 weeks, to keep the size of the database managable.

Also, there's now an option which allows you to easy copy and paste logs, for use on the forum, or IRC. Of course, this new way of indexing also introduces some neat little search operators, but as nobody ever uses them, I won't be telling what they are.

Klotebot also uses the new index, so !logs <searchtext> is back. Happy adminning.

Oh by the way, the Regular Server logs still use the old way. So those are still slow.
Now, what are "search operators"? :+ But really, thank you, Bondt! O+ And fantastic idea on the deleting everything older than three weeks. :) Would prevent cloakster and I from being ourselves, but I bet you enjoyed that most, eh? Yerkhead.
Is there a way that you can make a seperate database to hold all the logs from months ago in case we need them. Older logs have helped a lot before.

Thanks for updating the logs and making them faster :D
The reason that I delete old logs is because of space issues (it is still Jorijn's server you know), so if I would backup the old logs, I won't be bothered with putting an index on it. Which will make them slow as heck.

I'll think about it. In the meantime, I've removed the Clear Form button, since it failed anyway. I replaced it with a button which searches and creates a short URL at the same time :)

Oh and by the way, some may have noticed, but you can search with words of any length. Which means you can search for 'k': http://echologs.mrbondt.nl/178/ and thus also for 3 lettered names.
(08-25-2008, 10:44 PM)MrBondt link Wrote: Oh and by the way, some may have noticed, but you can search with words of any length. Which means you can search for 'k': http://echologs.mrbondt.nl/178/ and thus also for 3 lettered names.

Yea, i noticed....thanks for that :)
Added a link to the online logs when you use the !logs <query> command.