Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Photography
Aw, TEF, in this case I don't even deserve a camera!
(08-07-2010, 02:46 AM)TEF™ link Wrote: -rant-

Like this? Or does resizing count as manipulating the image?  O+

[Image: wqu6gg.png]
(08-07-2010, 02:46 AM)TEF™ link Wrote: Once again with people attempting to make their photographs look "cool" by giving it a 3D frame effect (reminds me of a postcard, personally)... sickens me. Show the world your photographic talent with your picture, not Photoshop...

I'll presume you're talking about my post since it's the only one containing photos with a "3D frame effect" in the last couple of pages.
What I posted was 2 buttons to go to the original photo, neither of which I have touched up.
(08-07-2010, 10:41 AM)Dan_ link Wrote: I'll presume you're talking about my post since it's the only one containing photos with a "3D frame effect" in the last couple of pages.
What I posted was 2 buttons to go to the original photo, neither of which I have touched up.
OH IT'S A BUTTON! Knew that damn effect looked familiar... deviantART... Anyway, my rant still stands! (Just not for you anymore.) O+

(08-07-2010, 05:39 AM)Mike link Wrote: Like this? Or does resizing count as manipulating the image?  O+
Resizing isn't manipulation. O+

(08-07-2010, 04:01 AM)Mark link Wrote: Aw, TEF, in this case I don't even deserve a camera!
Then take photography lessons so you don't have to use Photoshop. :D
(08-07-2010, 02:46 AM)TEF™ link Wrote: Once again with people attempting to make their photographs look "cool" by giving it a 3D frame effect (reminds me of a postcard, personally)... sickens me. Show the world your photographic talent with your picture, not Photoshop. Honestly, in my opinion, if you can't take a good picture without some touching up in Photoshop, you don't deserve a camera. Sure, one could say how it's just a little effect, nothing major—but what does this one effect imply? It implies you alter your images, you manipulate and fake what you've taken to make it appear "nicer" (I quote because I'd definitely make the argument a noisy picture looks better than one that looks fake)... It implies, in short, that you've created, not captured, a moment. You should take pride in what you've captured, but instead you hide it behind fancy effects.

99% of professional photographs are edited, its just cool to manipulate photographs, even analog ones...it sickens me that everyone thinks so traditional about pictures

be creative instead of taking pictures of nature, sunset, sundown, cars...etc...edit them or show the unusual...
The mere fact that traditionalists bother you is unnerving in itself. Educate yourself.
Bah, same could be said for non-traditionalists and yourself, TEF.

Same with photography, biking or any other sport or hobby. If you're enjoying it then you're doing it right! Some people have an interest in manipulated photos and pride themselves with their own creations, and some (such as yourself) may abhor them. That still doesn't give you any authority to insult others' work of art or dictate whether they have pride in it or not. There's a lot of cycling photos on PinkBike.com that get Photo of the Day or Month (POD or POM) that have a significant amount of time put into a photo-adjustment program. This makes up for anything that could have been corrected in the field to make the photo more appealing. It doesn't mean that the photographer didn't take a lot of time (as Dan said he did) in setting up the shot. To be honest, most of the PODs on PinkBike take hours to set up with remote lighting units and many test runs. Just give it a rest, bro. Lots of different styles out there, and they're all considered 'photography'.

O+ Sorry for any mistakes or mistypes; it's 5am here.
As I've stated, Mike, it's my own personal opinion, not a fact. Anyway, I'm not going to argue.

[me=TEF™]skips off to see the Wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.[/me]
some pics me and my bro took during a storm last week
[Image: anhsaf.jpg]
[Image: 15pil49.jpg]
[Image: 11bjcr7.jpg]
[Image: nv9v5w.jpg]

and Mike nice pic btw
[Image: 13zmxvk.png]

TEF is _so_ going to hate me