Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
Styla can you plz put ur quotes in actual quote windows? It's really irritating to read anything you want to say. Just sayin

Quote:
Cool stoy bro! Lets answer a fact with complete nonsense and then call the one who provides the fact dumb. Cool excuse cause you wrote fast... Could you please give written facts, not youtube vids, where the so called management ordered whatever you claim.

[b]Also if you claim the bible predicted what we know today, it must also predict our future. So if you are such an expert on the bible, please tell us what cool new world shocking technologies await us![b]
i know Grim, 0Target0 is just funny lala.

the history speak for itself, deny it and u'll look like a loser. i wrote facts about management, time of corruption in Middle Age is known, not my prob if ure not good at history.

(04-09-2011, 05:32 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Cool stoy bro! Lets answer a fact with complete nonsense and then call the one who provides the fact dumb. Cool excuse cause you wrote fast... Could you please give written facts, not youtube vids, where the so called management ordered whatever you claim.

[b]Also if you claim the bible predicted what we know today, it must also predict our future. So if you are such an expert on the bible, please tell us what cool new world shocking technologies await us![b]

it did predict how we live today, and there were no mistakes, and stuff like planes and radio waves community didnt really go away, didnt it? oh there are more predictions too about "our future" but im no master at coding.

ORCH_OR= fact.

as Quran truly is amazing scripture, i did some investigating and i must say im impressed, im also impressed with Bible:

i already stated gravitation in the bible. and the the atoms part + the BLOOD(those proofs are accurate). in the Bible u can also see that the Earth is round. now here's more:

MEDICINE
"Medical science has only recently discovered that blood-clotting in a newborn reaches its peak on the eighth day, then drops. The Bible consistently says that a baby must be circumcised on the eighth day. " - truly amazing.

not exactly RADIO WAVES part, but it does interpretate that but read it urself:

"God told Job in 1500 B.C.: "Can you send lightnings, that they may go, and say to you, Here we are?" (Job 38:35). The Bible here is making what appears to be a scientifically ludicrous statement—that light can be sent, and then manifest itself in speech. But did you know that radio waves travel at the speed of light? This is why you can have instantaneous wireless communication with someone on the other side of the earth. Science didn’t discover this until 1864 when "British scientist James Clerk Maxwell suggested that electricity and light waves were two forms of the same thing" (Modern Century Illustrated Encyclopedia).

"Job 38:19 asks, "Where is the way where light dwells?" Modern man has only recently discovered that light (electromagnetic radiation) has a "way," traveling at 186,000 miles per second."

interesting. :P PLUS

"Science has discovered that stars emit radio waves, which are received on earth as a high pitch. God mentioned this in Job 38:7: "When the morning stars sang together..."

Science keeps Religion together:
"Most cosmologists (scientists who study the structures and evolution of the universe) agree that the Genesis account of creation, in imagining an initial void, may be uncannily close to the truth" (Time, Dec. 1976).

GEOGRAPHY - AIR CYCLING.
"Solomon described a "cycle" of air currents two thousand years before scientists "discovered" them. "The wind goes toward the south, and turns about unto the north; it whirls about continually, and the wind returns again according to his circuits" (Ecclesiastes 1:6). "

some of u argued about the mixed words(making up their own words and connecting them)... well as u can see sometimes there ARE interpretations in the Bible:

"Science expresses the universe in five terms: time, space, matter, power, and motion. Genesis 1:1,2 revealed such truths to the Hebrews in 1450 B.C.: "In the beginning [time] God created [power] the heaven [space] and the earth [matter] . . . And the Spirit of God moved [motion] upon the face of the waters." The first thing God tells man is that He controls of all aspects of the universe. "

EVOLUTION - dinosaurs.. they do connect.

"All things were made by Him (see John 1:3), including dinosaurs. Why then did the dinosaur disappear? The answer may be in Job 40:15–24. In this passage, God speaks about a great creature called "behemoth." Some commentators think this was a hippopotamus. However, the hippo’s tail isn’t like a large tree, but a small twig. Following are the characteristics of this huge animal: It was the largest of all the creatures God made; was plant-eating (herbivorous); had its strength in its hips and a tail like a large tree. It had very strong bones, lived among the trees, drank massive amounts of water, and was not disturbed by a raging river. He appears impervious to attack because his nose could pierce through snares, but Scripture says, "He that made him can make his sword to approach unto him." In other words, God caused this, the largest of all the creatures He had made, to become extinct. "
impressive!

sorry to Grim and some of u , but i find these articles interesting:

CLEANING + PREDICTION OF THE WATERS AKA INSTRUCTIONS(u can read the last part to get the point)

"Encyclopedia Britannica documents that in 1845, a young doctor in Vienna named Dr. Ignaz Semmelweis was horrified at the terrible death rate of women who gave birth in hospitals. As many as 30 percent died after giving birth. Semmelweis noted that doctors would examine the bodies of patients who died, then, without washing their hands, go straight to the next ward and examine expectant mothers. This was their normal practice, because the presence of microscopic diseases was unknown. Semmelweis insisted that doctors wash their hands before examinations, and the death rate immediately dropped to 2 percent. Look at the specific instructions God gave His people for when they encounter disease: "And when he that has an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself even days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean" (Leviticus 15:13). Until recent years, doctors washed their hands in a bowl of water, leaving invisible germs on their hands. However, the Bible says specifically to wash hands under "running water." "

well not so clear here, but still its full of interpretations... dont argue about this one
"Luke 17:34–36 says the Second Coming of Jesus Christ will occur while some are asleep at night and others are working at daytime activities in the field. This is a clear indication of a revolving earth, with day and night at the same time."

SCIENCE
"During the devastating Black Death of the fourteenth century, patients who were sick or dead were kept in the same rooms as the rest of the family. People often wondered why the disease was affecting so many people at one time. They attributed these epidemics to ‘bad air’ or ‘evil spirits.’ However, careful attention to the medical commands of God as revealed in Leviticus would have saved untold millions of lives. Arturo Castiglione wrote about the overwhelming importance of this biblical medical law: ‘The laws against leprosyin Leviticus 13 may be regarded as the first model of sanitary legislation’ (A History of Medicine)." Grant R. Jeffery, The Signature of God With all these truths revealed in Scripture,how could a thinking person deny that the Bible is supernatural in origin? There is no other book in any of the world’s religions (Vedas, Bhagavad-Gita, Koran, Book of Mormon, etc.) that contains scientific truth. In fact, they contain statements that are clearly unscientific. Hank Hanegraaff said, "Faith in Christ is not some blind leap into a dark chasm, but a faith based on established evidence." (11:3 continued)

QUOTES FROM:
http://www.evidencebible.com/witnessingt...ible.shtml

TwistedDemon, i would love to talk with u about religion and stuff, obviously i dont deny urs because i find it interesting... i wish i was born again Christian but im not, and i see u as a good guy with faith. maybe i should have more faith myself too.
hmmm... interesting, ok what do you say about the scientific flaws of the bible?
well, as far as i know there was only one and its the one describing that Sun circles or like rotates.. but today it is known that it does, i posted the video about it, sounds stupid but it does, they proved it and it slowly moves with all the other planets.
I want predictions. Not interpretation by people who live today, and narrow a broad statement down to something specific, the world image that we have today. I find it hard to believe that 'true' christians who claim they decoded the bible today can't make any predictions, since they give credibility to the statements they give now and claim that they are true. It is proof that this it uttermost rubbish if they cannot make any predictions.

Also styla, there is a reason Halal exists, hygiene is also part of the moral and social rules to live by at the time by religion. thats what made religion so strong 2000 years ago. If you followed the bible back then you actually had a safer life. It is however not scientific proof that they knew what bacteria were. There was a more common belief of cause and consequence, only a story everyone preached and created credibility by their primitive explanation of the questions of life.

Up to date you have not been able to prove anything, you cannot predict anything, which is laughable and which only emphasizes my previous evidence that people like you give an interpretation of the bible by narrowing a broad statement down to something specific.

Truely sad.

(04-09-2011, 07:53 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: well, as far as i know there was only one and its the one describing that Sun circles or like rotates.. but today it is known that it does, i posted the video about it, sounds stupid but it does, they proved it and it slowly moves with all the other planets.

They thought the earth was the center of everything, the sun circling around the earth, the reason is=>the greek were mathematically advanced enough to describe cyclic phenomena, that was before Jesus was born. It was easy to correlate the cyclic behaviour of the sun with a circle, which is the only geometical figure which can be used to describe cyclic behaviour (sine, cosine, tangent were born). It seems like your scientific knowledge is off by miles to give a critical interpretation of the nonsense spread by the people around you. Sad story.
"Up to date you have not been able to prove anything, you cannot predict anything, which is laughable and which only emphasizes my previous evidence that people like you give an interpretation of the bible by narrowing a broad statement down to something specific." - ofcourse i did, u didnt reject any of my FACTS below, just ur crappy opinion again. so much for a great debater. +1000 points for me, reject any of the predictions up and u'll get a medal. those were major facts. what i hate about our debates is because always when i give facts you just TRY to deny 1 fact out of like 5 ones, and start a new debate. but other ones are obviously more than confirmed.

"thats what made religion so strong 2000 years ago." - calculate when was Bible written. lol!

u cant even deny ORCH-OR because its impossible. +1

They thought the earth was the center of everything, the sun circling around the earth, the reason is=>the greek were mathematically advanced enough to describe cyclic phenomena, that was before Jesus was born. It was easy to correlate the cyclic behaviour of the sun with a circle, which is the only geometical figure which can be used to describe cyclic behaviour (sine, cosine, tangent were born). It seems like your scientific knowledge is off by miles to give a critical interpretation of the nonsense spread by the people around you. Sad story.
- read the Bible again

"It is popular today to deny any special recognition for the earth. Secular scientists tell us that we live on a speck of dust, circling a humdrum star in a far corner of an obscure galaxy! While this is all true, the earth remains of central importance. Scripture gives a refreshing contrast to secular thinking by declaring that earth and mankind are not an insignificant result of accidental evolution. The Book of Genesis states that our planet was created three days before the sun, moon, and stars. The purposes of the stars relate directly to the earth: to provide a calendar system (Gen. 1:14) and to declare God's glory to men (Ps. 19:1). The earth is also a universal reference point in that Christ came here to walk among men, and will one day return. An unseen spiritual battle goes on for the souls of men , focusing on this earth and extending to high places (Eph. 6:12). The earth is truly a spiritual center of the universe. It was once thought that the earth was physically located at the exact center of the universe, and furthermore that it did not move. This "geocentric" view is still held today by a few people, although Scripture does not require it and observation clearly shows the earth's movement. The earth revolves around the sun once a year. It also rotates on its axis every 24 hours. These motions add together in a dizzy combination. The earth's spin results in a surface speed of 1,000 miles per hour at the equator. The speed of the earth due to orbital motion around the sun is 66 times greater still. This is 30 times faster than a rifle bullet. During an average human's lifetime (70 trips around the sun), 41 billion miles are traveled. While you read this page, the earth has already traveled more than 1,000 miles! Fortunately, we do not directly notice this motion since the earth's faithful gravity force ensures that both its atmosphere and inhabitants remain firmly in place. However, earth's motion is clearly shown by the westward movement of the sun, moon, and stars through the sky (see table 1).

We really don't know where the physical center of the universe is. If God's heavens are infinite in extent, then no center actually exists. But the question of the earth's physical position is less important than the spiritual reality of God's love for his people."

http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs/399.asp

im sorry, but what im giving u here are FACTS and proves, what ure doing is DENYING, thats a sure good sign of winning a debate. Go offtopic again please, another plus point.
Explain this one, gloryhunters: How can 'God' love you all if he isn't a human being or another living creature? In other words: if he has no emotions?
God is omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence.

God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent"

in other words - you could not describe him with these words or call him "God" if he had no emotions. he can have everything human can have, as he is our creator.