Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

What car do you drive? [IRL]
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=431048&d=1436790721]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=431047&d=1436790719]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=431049&d=1436790722]

My car. Mitsubishi Lancer. 143HP 1800CC Sport model.
143 hp? sport? psshhhhhhhhhhh
I don't know anything about cars but that seems like a pretty good car... How can you guys tell based on looks/appearance how much approximately a car costs?
(07-24-2015, 07:27 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: I don't know anything about cars but that seems like a pretty good car... How can you guys tell based on looks/appearance how much approximately a car costs?
Things like
  • Rarity
  • Overall condition
  • Passenger safety
  • Fuel economy
etc etc it's pretty self explanatory
(07-24-2015, 07:27 PM)STyL4 link Wrote: How can you guys tell based on looks/appearance how much approximately a car costs?
U recognize the model,so u can say from which yr it is and if u follow cars u know what is it worth.From appearance u can figure out the condition of the cars,but not always.
That's how u approximately know how much it cost,but only approximately yh.U never know what's hidding under the hood so u can't say sure.
I personally approximate the price range by first looking at the engine (Horsepower and CCs.) Then the year model, car brand itself, and the wheel size gives a slight indication too.
So could you guys name a few that would go into "high level" category?

Bentley, BMW???

What about the other ones like Peguet (or smthing), Passat, Golf
(07-25-2015, 12:17 AM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I personally approximate the price range by first looking at the engine (Horsepower and CCs.) Then the year model, car brand itself, and the wheel size gives a slight indication too.
Yeah,that's right.
I was actually thinking of external appearance and how could we know what it cost from that only.

(07-25-2015, 02:16 AM)STyL4 link Wrote: So could you guys name a few that would go into "high level" category?

Bentley, BMW???

What about the other ones like Peguet (or smthing), Passat, Golf
Talking about European cars,it would be: BMW,Mercedes,Audi.
I don't know american market very well,but I remember that I've read how Mercedes and BMW are the best selling cars there in a last 15 years.
Volkswagen,Peugeot,Opel also have great cars indeed,but for a class lower.
This top ranking can't go without japanesse cars ofc,only a fact that Toyota Corolla is the best selling car of all time says a lot,
with over the 35 millions cars sold they hold the record as the best selling car in the world since late 1990's.

Subjectively now: BMW is best in class-Luxury car manufacturer in the world.
(07-24-2015, 09:06 PM)Fuse link Wrote: Things like
  • Rarity
  • Overall condition
  • Passenger safety
  • Fuel economy
etc etc it's pretty self explanatory

buuuuullllshiiiiiiiiiiiit.
American and europe have cars different prices.
European cars in america will be much higher price than in europe.
Vice versus vica.
I don't think we can really judge what's the 'best' luxury car whatsoever. There are numerous exceptionally outstanding car manufacturers today, each of them offers different cool aspects. I do think BMW is one of the best, but certainly not the best with no competition.

Take a look at the Koenigsegg Regera and the Koenigsegg One:1 ( Which is now the world's most powerful car, boasting a 1341 engine. Its name indicates its power to weight ratio. For every one kilogram, a one unit of horsepower.) Most importantly, check the Lykan HyperSport (Yes, the car from Fast 7.) Lamborghini, Bugatti, Mercedes, etc. It all depends on tastes and personal preference, but I doubt any of these brands has totally outclassed any of his rivals.

These too are also certainly rated at the 'top class'.