Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Football Topic
saw the match..epic
That's Arsenal's 5th captain sold in 7-8 years? Good business from Arsenal though. Selling van Persie for £24m. He's injury prone and in the last year of his contract. Although it's said that they only get £15m for him now, with the rest being in add-ons.

I hope for Wenger's sake that he gets in a replacement before the current transfer window shuts. But I also hope for Liverpool's sake that they don't, as that'll make it easier for us to fight for top 4 (if we can stay in the fight this time). But on the other hand I would much rather Arsenal beat us to top 4 than Spurs, since I quite like Arsenal.

Arsenal always sell their best players and get written off and every season they manage to get into the top 4, so I won't bet against them finishing in the top 4.
munch wtf is going on, are u after dempsey or not? dont want to believen any words from sun or mirror
I don't know, journalists love the transfer window. Since we're not in the Champions League then we can't attract the bigger players in his place so Dempsey is a realistic target for us and if Dempsey wants out then it's possible. Apparently he does want out but wants Champions League football. And if that's the case then screw him. I can't see many top CL clubs coming in for him and while he's busy waiting we could get someone better in his place, and by the time he reconsiders his options it'll be too late to join us and he'll just have to be happy with Everton. :P

Having said that though, all players want to play Champions League football so that might just be a wish rather than a demand. If it's more of a demand though then we can expect to have to offer higher wages, which would be another reason to go elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind Dempsey though, he's a good player and he has a lot of experience. Plus him being American will help with our fan base over in America.

EDIT:

Also, yesterday Liverpool made a surprise signing, Oussama Assaidi. No one expected it, there were no rumours, no "reliable sources" talking about it or anything. He's 24 and came from the Dutch league.

We have our very own Osama! :)
Alex Song to barcelona D: 17mil £

(08-17-2012, 12:25 AM)Munch link Wrote: I hope for Wenger's sake that he gets in a replacement before the current transfer window shuts. But I also hope for Liverpool's sake that they don't, as that'll make it easier for us to fight for top 4 (if we can stay in the fight this time). But on the other hand I would much rather Arsenal beat us to top 4 than Spurs, since I quite like Arsenal.

Arsenal always sell their best players and get written off and every season they manage to get into the top 4, so I won't bet against them finishing in the top 4.
Arsenal won't buy another striker, i think we gonna get Sahin on loan and gonna move walcott as Striker since we got plenty of wingers in Gervinho/Podolski/Chambo/Arsha and even Cazorla

From my point of view arsenal got a very good squad, enough to win the EPL, With Kos&verm at the back , Arteta/Cazorla/wilshere ( back in october ) and then Podol/Giroud/Walcott in the striking positions you can't realy get any beter...
Sorry Fulham for taking your best players, disappointed we didn't get Moutinho, gutted Vdv left and quietly optimistic about our prospects this season.

I guarentee (Rafa Benitez style) we will finish above Liverpool.
yeh sad transfer window for us :/

actually waited for dempsey to leave, sad about moussa... specially because they both had key roles in our club and now will remain bench boys :S

anyways we got berbatov, rodallega, petric, dejagah or smthg - attack lookin good, but we needed a creative CM, so let's see if that fucks our season up or not
well thats a disaster, need to forget it asap...

saw only last 15min but heard richardson was totally shite, so was sidwell. berbatov looked sharp tho so i hope a few trainings and we'll see a different game next week

:r
lol dempsey gg
3-3 with gunners at wembley NOT BAD RESULT

what a game

0-2 behind with 20min

3-2 comeback

3-3 the next minute

90+4 min arsenal gets penalty (50-50 was it or not doesnt matter) - SAVED!!!!!!!!!!!

mixed emotions