Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Complaint]Idling
The new idling rule in LVP is completely unnecessary and ridiculous as far as I see it, and it seems I am not the only one who thinks this.

Players should be able to idle as much as they want in game with the freedom of not having to worry about getting kicked. Another solution should be made for idlers who can abuse money earnings, although they can't really abuse it anyway because LVP has a tax system, would be to detect when a player is idling, and simply stop there income, and perhaps teleport them to the pause location.

The LVP Player count has already dropped enough compared to the way it was. LVP Now averages at ~ 40 players peak times, and systems such as this won't help to increase the player count. The fact that the idling rule also applies to people that are in the /pause location as well, is also unfair in my opinion.

It seems members of the management have also seemed to forget about features such as the ship, which is basically designed for idling as a method of earning money, and to take a break from Deathmatching.

And why was it a management only decision to implement such a rule? Why can't the management move to public voting, especially in cases like these.

Moved to open for discussion, lets see what other people think of the rule.

(07-02-2008, 03:12 PM)Jay link Wrote: And why was it a management only decision to implement such a rule? Why can't the management move to public voting, especially in cases like these.

Because the management are the ones who 'manage' the server.

Also, you have made decisions as a dev that you did not make a public vote for.
I agree with Jay, and so do many others on IRC.
It's just a game, I don't see why LVP needs to be turned into a dictatorship.
Idling is no crime, it hurts no-one, and imo there's no need to kick people for it.
You don't understand. Not everything in the server is done for the players. We need more and more to join the server, and with people idling that leaves less space for more to join.
You could maybe increase it...or change it for /pause. If you get kicked for idling in /pause and for idling while not /paused, then you might aswell just idle on the ship without /pause, you'd get money then. But yesterday I got caught 2 times by it. One for replying to something and checking forums and other stuff, and one for going down stairs and taking too long to come up and move around. You could make it 30 mins, or if the server gets full, auto-kick those being idle for 15 minutes.
(07-03-2008, 10:50 AM)Ben link Wrote: You don't understand. Not everything in the server is done for the players. We need more and more to join the server, and with people idling that leaves less space for more to join.

Quote:Maybe some crew members should stop being idle-kick horny.
We have 150 player slots, and ~50 players average. Who f*ck*ng cares if we have 10 idlers for a few minutes, or even a hour. Enough room for 100 other players.
Best solution ever.

Contradiction?

Anyway, I agree with Nakebod.
So what if someone has 10 properties and decides to go idling? The tax system takes care of that. You can only earn about 1.5M$ anyway so what's the profit of idling then?
Plus point: You don't loose your spawn-weapons, which a lot of people complain about. What if you just spent $5mil on spawnweapons and your mom yells: "PLAYER X!! DINNER'S READYY!" So you think: "DARN! I just spent all my money on spawnweapons!"
Would be handy if you just could /pause for 30/45 minutes and then continue playing! Nobody got hurt, player X is happy, and 95% of the players didn't even notice him being paused.
Currently being talked over in the management.
Mostly extending the time and, as said before, how many people should be in the server in order to kick.
(07-03-2008, 10:50 AM)Ben link Wrote: You don't understand. Not everything in the server is done for the players. We need more and more to join the server, and with people idling that leaves less space for more to join.

And when was the last time LVP was full?

(07-02-2008, 05:19 PM)cloakster link Wrote: Because the management are the ones who 'manage' the server.

Also, you have made decisions as a dev that you did not make a public vote for.

It depends on the circumstances. LVP has a mixture of different players, Role Players, and death matchers, when situations come up that can effect both those type of players, then I would use public voting (for example the taxi idea). But for new features such as a VIP room or w/e, I don't think public voting would be needed for that. But in this case, giving out a disadvantage to the players in some cases, and an advantage to players in other cases, public voting would be needed in my opinion.
Well, you are right Jay since imo the only reason that i see for kicking right now is because it is unfair to other players who for example actually spent those full 50hrs ingame to get regular, whereas some people just idled for like 5 of those 50hrs. Its also unfair since people can do nothing and get lots of money by idling, but if the 'other' players don't care about this stuff, then there is no point for an auto-kicker.
(07-03-2008, 02:05 PM)cloakster link Wrote: Well, you are right Jay since imo the only reason that i see for kicking right now is because it is unfair to other players who for example actually spent those full 50hrs ingame to get regular, whereas some people just idled for like 5 of those 50hrs. Its also unfair since people can do nothing and get lots of money by idling, but if the 'other' players don't care about this stuff, then there is no point for an auto-kicker.

Well why do such players have to be kicked? Why can't there ingame time counter be disabled whilst they are idling?