Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Complaint]Idling
I don't agree with removal of idle kicker, because:
People with platinum account and autobank on, could avoid taxes, could leave game open entire night, 8 hours for filling entire 2 billion account, with 4-5 millions per minute, assuming that in the night few players buys properties.
People pausing the game without returning back, in front of ship (main fight area) or other streets, annoys other players who try to kill them (this is annoying even if they idle several minutes).
People who idles in fight club, races, or other minigames could stuck the game for hours.

I agree only if the kick is replaced with an automatic /pause, also the earnings to be stopped. The owned properties will be preserved?
BTW, anybody knows if now we could earn money, get taxed, /bank it, while we are in /pause?

How the idle kicker was recently extended to support trains????
Since launch of 0.3x I ride trains numerous times, while minimizing game to take care about other things, and everytime when I forgot or I could not return in less than 15 mins, I got kicked for idling.

Is clearly that the idle kicker detects if any key is pressed, not if the player moves around, or moves the mouse.
You're wrong Future, it checks if the player moves around. I just made the idle kicker recognize the trains too.
(03-11-2010, 03:39 PM)Future link Wrote:I don't agree with removal of idle kicker, because:
People with platinum account and autobank on, could avoid taxes, could leave game open entire night, 8 hours for filling entire 2 billion account, with 4-5 millions per minute, assuming that in the night few players buys properties.
People pausing the game without returning back, in front of ship (main fight area) or other streets, annoys other players who try to kill them (this is annoying even if they idle several minutes).
People who idles in fight club, races, or other minigames could stuck the game for hours.

I agree only if the kick is replaced with an automatic /pause, also the earnings to be stopped. The owned properties will be preserved?
BTW, anybody knows if now we could earn money, get taxed, /bank it, while we are in /pause?

How the idle kicker was recently extended to support trains????
Since launch of 0.3x I ride trains numerous times, while minimizing game to take care about other things, and everytime when I forgot or I could not return in less than 15 mins, I got kicked for idling.
Is clearly that the idle kicker detects if any key is pressed, not if the player moves around, or moves the mouse.

Why the hell do you care if a player is paused somewhere (ie. Infront of the ship)? So what if he's idling there? What the hell does it have to do with someone suddenly shooting at him? He was already paused, and thus didn't avoid death or anything else.

About the filling your bank thing, to be honest, I could give a shit less. They leave their computer on, running, thus they use electricity. And last time I checked, electricity = real money.

An automatic pause is useless. I don't think I really need to explain how stupid that sounds. Idling on the ship is allowed at all time (even though players currently get kicked for it because of the kicker). I don't see why a player cannot simply pause his game. It's not like it's an FPS gaming server or whatever, where slots are needed. LVP provides more than enough player slots for the current amount of players. The earnings don't need to be stopped either, in my opinion.

One must be stupid too, to idle/go afk whilst he's a in a mini-game. But hey, do we not have a /report function for that? People who do that simply get kicked out. Besides, even if no administrator would be on, what would it hurt to simply type /leave? It's only one mini-game.

Another note I'd make is how you stated the idle-kicker kicked you several times out the game whilst idling on a train. Well, you even said so yourself that it only recently got implemented. Matthias has already stated though that it indeed detects if a player moves around or not.

As a last statement, I'd like to say that Jay is a sexy bitch.
This was already suggested, but developers should add more minutes for /pause and also a check, if you own any properties, and you're paused (via /pause of course!!!), you won't earn the money from them. /pause could be like 1 hour in this case. So then I can take a bath, read newspaper, eat, watch TV and the activity list goes on. When player is not in the /pause sector, without a doubt he should receive a kick after 15 minutes of idleness.

Sorry for OT.
I really agree with this idea because sometimes I have to go to the store and it takes me 15 minutes to get back, then suddenly I get kicked  ;(
I agree with Jay too.
Aslong as they do /pause i think its all cool, or standing on ship, whatever.  ;)
(07-03-2008, 10:50 AM)Ben link Wrote:We need more and more to join the server, and with people idling that leaves less space for more to join.

Idk if im allowed to post here, but Ben, About that space, THe closest number i seen full is 96 players and server ussaly never have over 60+ online
So about that Idling leave less place is a litt unnessary right now

And i know why there aint much people as it whas before
(03-20-2010, 06:45 PM)Furyon link Wrote:Idk if im allowed to post here, but Ben, About that space, THe closest number i seen full is 96 players and server ussaly never have over 60+ online

We've had over a hundred before, but even then idlers aren't a problem...unless they're causing the server to lag.

Also, not many people join a server with very few players so if they see people on the server, even if they're idling, they'll join and learn to like the server and stay. If the anti-idler kicks everyone the server will look more empty than it normally is making it not catch people's eye as easy.
(03-20-2010, 06:45 PM)Furyon link Wrote:Idk if im allowed to post here, but Ben, About that space, THe closest number i seen full is 96 players and server ussaly never have over 60+ online

That post was made in 2008..

What I posted in Jays topic in the developer section:

(03-10-2010, 09:29 PM)Richard link Wrote:People have been idling the entire night and woke up with their bank completely filled and 10 hours added to their stats. That's defeating the entire purpose of playing and buying props.

It's fine by me if it doesn't kick people in /pause but then it should pause their entire game, props, time everything.
Yeah I know it'll be abused that way. But as Maka said it'll cost them a lot in electricity so it's at their own risk.

Also instead of just taking it away, bump it up a bit. Make it something like 30minutes to 1 hour when not in /pause, and in /pause take the idle kick away completely and after about 15 minutes they stop recieving any income?

And there's also the taxing. If people leave their computers on all night, they've wasted a lot of electricity just to bank a few millions that haven't been taxed yet, losing so many millions to the taxes.