Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

New Gang System Idea
I started coding a new gang base system yesterday and i was wanting some feedback and suggestions etc

Basically instead of buying the gang base to own it you have to fight to own it.

When you enter the base and another gang owns Gang War is declared. To win the base you have to be in the gang base area for 30seconds without any other gangs entering it. After this time you own the gang base and get its extra features like Health and Money etc.

I have done a working version of this and it seems good. It still needs some touch ups but it works.

More ideas is also having a checkpoint in the gangbase in which the gangbase owners can enter and it sends them to a room which has weapons  pickups etc. This will only be able to be entered by  owners of the base and only when gang war hasn't been initiated.

Also I would like to add a block so that gangs cant teleport to other gangs otherwise this gang war feature would be useless as you could teleport to another gang member in the base and stop the timer ticking.

Any thoughts suggestions comments will be welcome here.

Thanks
Spidey
That's great, applie it please. Ii thing everyone will agree
Nice idea spidey, Teleport has to be disabled if the player is near the gangbase.

[Image: bassie.gif]
Yeah that can be done JUTD. I'll show you the example of what i've done so far later on.

Edit: Actually I'll make it so Gangs cant teleport at all while Gang War has been started.
Lol i like this idea, it'll be cool  :D
The actual gang system sucks. This will rock  8)
But what will happen if the gang members that control it leave the base?
They still will own it until another gang comes in and Gang War is started. Then if that gang is in there without the owners being there for 30seconds the new gang will own it. If it is not owned by any gang at all for instance when the server is reset then the first gang to enter the base will automatically own it
Very nice idea Spider!
But what happens if for example a gang member camps in the air with a heli over the base?
Maybe you can disable it to conquer the base with vehicles :)
Well you shoot him down silly? its not that hard to get someone out of the sky really.

Edit: Had a talk with hawker and we decided if the gang war is on then players who enter the gang base area who are in a gang their vehicles will respawn.