Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[idea]the LVP city council
Then how can i donate? Romanians have some money with a very low value
We have already a "council" if you want to call it that way.
We call it Donation Manager, who is in control of the objects for people who donate.
And I'm the Financial Manager, and I'm in control of the real finanial part, like receiving the donations and paying the hosting provider.
If a donation is received, it's my duty to inform the Donation Manager.

(03-05-2007, 06:00 PM)P_U_F_I link Wrote:I will not do this bullshit. This is just a game, lets be serious. I will not spend my money for a ingame house.

You call it bullshit, we call it necessary. Not that you MUST donate, it's completely voluntary.
It's not about the ingame house you get, but its about supporting the server.
A server isn't free, a fast 100 mbit internet connection isn't free, traffic isn't free.
We use approximately 1000 GB traffic per month. Yes, 1 TB.
And this doesn't even include our 2nd server, the server where our TeamSpeak server and the website + forum are running.

So if you donate, you are supporting the server, and you aren't buying a house ingame.
Ok, the people who donate get probably some extra's as a reward for donating. (Like a spawncar, spawnpoint at their own home, spawnweapons are saved, stuff like that.)

And the ways to donate:
Direct bank transfers and paypal.
And for paypal, you don't need a creditcard. In almost every country it's possible to transfer money via your local bank to a local Paypal banking account, and Paypal takes care of the rest.
Very well explained Nakebod, thanks.

PUFI is right with the money rates though, I don't know about him, but in my country, 1 euro == 4 pesos :(
I have to shell out a lot of money lol
(03-05-2007, 06:35 PM)Nakebod link Wrote:We have already a "council" if you want to call it that way.
We call it Donation Manager, who is in control of the objects for people who donate.
;( NOOOW!  :'(  i  wanted to do that  ;(         ( I am sure he/she cant do it all himselfe  8))
3,5 lions = 1 euro
We know that 5 euro can be a lot in some countries/currencies.
And like I've said: You don't have to donate :)
In ~2 months LVP exist about 1 year, and we still exist, and we have a wonderful server, with a very nice and mainly large amount of regular players.
We had a sponsor first, but that didn't work out very well. I will post a story about that soon, or when we start with public donations.

The server costs about ~50 euro per month.
This is about 600 euro's per year. (750 Dollar, 380 GBP, 5484,00 HKD, 138828,00 HUF, 1000 new Turkish Lira, 2,050 new Lei (RON), 1020 AUD)
Guess I've the most fore coming countries now :)

This is completely payed by the most members of your lovely LVP Crew.
The average donation amount per LVP Crew member is nearby € 15.-

But we can't demand the crew to donate every time, and we are sure that regular players are willing to support the server.
So we don't have to stop because we can't pay our hosting.

At this moment it costs more money then we can get out of it. It's more like a bottomless pit.
I don't think thats bad, we all love to play. So it cost's money.
Ok, 15 euro for a few months fun? When you go to a disco it costs you 40 euro on one night!
So, in my opinion (And as Financial Manager :P) I think you should donate when we offer you a possibility to donate :)
We have 5k of members dont we? So if we all give a small donation, then it should be alright? :?
(03-06-2007, 08:30 AM)XL link Wrote:We have 5k of members dont we? So if we all give a small donation, then it should be alright? :?

even if all those 5k users would donate like 0.10$ it would be awesome, the thing is that will never happen and the server has to be payed =)
I'm willing to pay some cash to support the server. I live in Holland so it would be easy for me to send some money via 'internet-bankieren' right? Is there some information about donating? I'm at my work right now so I can't search. :)
(03-06-2007, 10:38 AM)XL link Wrote:I'm willing to pay some cash to support the server. I live in Holland so it would be easy for me to send some money via 'internet-bankieren' right? Is there some information about donating? I'm at my work right now so I can't search. :)

Jep, I you have it actived at your bank you can do it with a e.dentifier or something(it is called like that with my bank, ABN Amro).