Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

A new area 51 minigame
We can set the player's world boundaries to area69, so players couldn't just run away. And we could set the world bounds of people that have died or are not playing, to LV (temporarily). Then at the end, the world boundaries for ALL players would be 5000.00 all ways (the whole map).

-tj
(02-20-2007, 09:25 AM)Deaken link Wrote:1, what about people who take a hike? They join the game but easily walk out and wave to the croud. At this time there will be no winner and the game wil never think it is finished (or an admin types /stoparea51minigamethatdestroyeseverythingonthisserver)
you can't block the exits until we are in samp 0.2 (maybe spawn a coach in front of the small gate where you can leave whitch nobody can enter?) As far as I know it is not possible to jump over the fence.

This can be easily fixed by setting world boundries for players, so they cant leave.

(02-20-2007, 09:25 AM)Deaken link Wrote:Second point is that area51 is also a property and maybe more important, a taxi location. What if players (from a gang?) take a taxi to area51 (after they have been shot) and they go help their friends/gangmates to get that pluspoint?

This can also be fixed, like, if the game runs, a var will be set to 1, and when someone type /taxi <numberofarea69>, and the var is 1, that it will say: NOES, no going to here while minigame started!

(02-20-2007, 09:25 AM)Deaken link Wrote:Deaken

Fireburn
(02-20-2007, 09:25 AM)Deaken link Wrote:This has to be, when it will be made, something that definately must be triggered by an admin and nog by the users. That is my first point for this mini-game. When an admin triggers the game with /area51minigamethatdestroyeseverythingonthisserver ( :+ ) ther wil be an anouncement or a showmessage showing:
Quote:The Area51 minigame will start in 10 seconds, type /part if you don't want to participate
At this part you exclude the people that realy don't want to join a game like this.

I don't like the idea that everyone has to sign out instead of signing up. What if you just came back from a bathroom break? Or what if the server is so crowded the signout message is on screen for 0.3 seconds?

I prefer a minigame like all others. Or maybe with the addition that gangs can challenge each other. But not a forced game decided by some admin.
bij de /chase heb je ook niet echt keus (en het is ontzettend irritant met al die witte nicks :r ) Goed, je hoeft hier niet aktief aan mee te doen maar toch participeer je wel in het gebeuren.

Verder ben ik van mening, dat je als niet iedereen meedoet, een pluspunt wel een erg hoge prijs is. Laat het dan iets zijn van een geldprijs of de "ownership van Area51"

Deaken
Quote:Las Venturas Playground > English Section > Suggestions, Complaints and Idea's LVP Gamemode > A new area 51 minigame

:?
(02-20-2007, 07:25 PM)Deaken link Wrote:bij de /chase heb je ook niet echt keus (en het is ontzettend irritant met al die witte nicks :r ) Goed, je hoeft hier niet aktief aan mee te doen maar toch participeer je wel in het gebeuren.

Verder ben ik van mening, dat je als niet iedereen meedoet, een pluspunt wel een erg hoge prijs is. Laat het dan iets zijn van een geldprijs of de "ownership van Area51"

Deaken

Translation:

With /chase you don't really have a choice either (and it is very annoying with all those white nicknames :r) Okay, you don't have to compete actively in this minigame but you are part of it.

Also, in my opinion, if not everyone is competing,  I think a pluspoint is a very high price. Let the winner get some money or the ''ownership of Area51''

Better? :P

Yes a pluspoint is a bit of a too big a prize.. :/
(02-20-2007, 10:35 PM)Vulkanyaz link Wrote::?

[me=Deaken]goes to the naughty corner[/me]

sorry :+
Na not so much a P.P, Maybe the same prize as Killtimes, slightly higher bank limit!

Vulk your a mod? cool!
If spawns can be created after the gamemode script has started, we could create a null pickup of type 12. It blows up a few seconds after it's creation, so it could simulate Area51 blowing up.

Quote:12 Blows Up few seconds of creation (car explosion? timer is the burning flame?)

-tj