Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Overdosed's Non-Offical Guide to better Lead Aiming
Interesting little guide.
Thanks for helping everyone else who doesn't understand :)

That's not what a hitbox is, btw -- a hitbox is a particular body part in an action game that, when hit, determines how much damage will be done to the player. For example, the head hitbox severely multiplies the damage in GTA SP, sometimes shoots it off
I don't believe there's damage based on where you hit somebody in GTA, maybe not the head either
(12-23-2007, 06:04 AM)dab link Wrote: lol.... /me whisps to everyone else "Nooblet fights like a hamster"

Watch out! I have razor sharp teeth!
Nice Little TopicĀ  :)
(12-23-2007, 06:10 PM)Fry link Wrote: Interesting little guide.
Thanks for helping everyone else who doesn't understand :)

That's not what a hitbox is, btw -- a hitbox is a particular body part in an action game that, when hit, determines how much damage will be done to the player. For example, the head hitbox severely multiplies the damage in GTA SP, sometimes shoots it off
I don't believe there's damage based on where you hit somebody in GTA, maybe not the head either

That's not THE hitbox, but it helps you find it.

x)

~Overdosed
Which is proof that auto aim is not an advantage people. Auto-aim locks on directly to the body. In order to make hits in sa-mp you need to aim ahead. Shooting at the body will do nothing.
(12-23-2007, 10:27 PM)HaZe link Wrote: Which is proof that auto aim is not an advantage people. Auto-aim locks on directly to the body. In order to make hits in sa-mp you need to aim ahead. Shooting at the body will do nothing.

Not if you're running straight at the player who is using auto aimĀ  :9~

Overdosed;

How can it be called lead-aim when you're aiming behind? Lead Aim. Behind. I dun get it. =\. The only time that you can shoot behind the player is if their ping is -10 or something. That would mean that the server would predict their movements before they actually did them. I dun get it. =\
Nice Overdosed!

:P

I feel that this is an important topic so I am taking the honors of doing this...

~BUMP!!!!!~
lame guide. Pro players may think this is useful to newbies, but it's not.

I spot 2 main problems.

1: most players are moving around unpredictably. there's very little time to predict which direction they are heading.

2: even if you manage to hit them, you don't really know how far ahead of them you shot, because both they, and yourself, are moving so fast.

I dunno about others, but the main problem for me is the moving. I have no clue where they are going, so it's very hard to make an accurate prediction where they are going to be while I shoot. Throw in the fact that I'm running as well, makes it all the more difficult.

[edit]
Might I add, that if you're really desynced, their client won't even recognize you shooting at all. In which case none of your shots will hit no matter how accurate your predictions. This throws off the aiming really bad because you're shooting all over the place and you can't tell if you're just aiming really badly or if their client doesn't see you shooting.
Of course that is hard, everyone has trouble with it. Some people are easier to predict then others. That takes time to train on it, try and get to learn their way of walking, different for everyone of course.