Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

UEFA Euro 2016
(06-13-2016, 12:16 PM)Gibbs Wrote: Gonna watch all three matches today. I want to see how Spain is doing, what level Sweden is at and Italy vs Belgium is gonna be a very strong fight hopefully.

Same here! Today is a good match day.  :)
Get rekt linesman

--------------------

Spain should have their goal disallowed for being a bunch of babies (regarding AS' news article towards England)

only kidding, but fuck you spain! :)
(06-13-2016, 02:10 PM)FateTrip Wrote: Get rekt linesman

--------------------

Spain should have their goal disallowed for being a bunch of babies (regarding AS' news article towards England)

shh respect for the current european champion haha
i couldnt see the match, i was getting my ass kicked in a final exam, did spain play good? ive been told that spain did a good match but morata failed every goal chance
finally pique scored and the funny thing is that pique is hated by lots of spaniards because he wants catalonia independence, he has been whistled many times
I feel ashamed of myself as I used to be a big football fan, however I've not been following UEFA outside of this thread.

How are England performing?
(06-13-2016, 06:56 PM)iLz.12 Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 02:10 PM)FateTrip Wrote: Get rekt linesman

--------------------

shh respect for the current european champion haha
i couldnt see the match, i was getting my ass kicked in a final exam, did spain play good? ive been told that spain did a good match but morata failed every goal chance
finally pique scored and the funny thing is that pique is hated by lots of spaniards because he wants catalonia independence, he has been whistled many times

I only saw parts of the match but from the bits I saw, yeah Spain played alright.
cool, belgium - italy in half an hour, what a match!
Italy won 2-0 tonight.  :r
I really wanted to see Beligum winning tonight but Juventus' *ugh }:|*Italy's defesive didn't surprise me at all.
Meh, I can only watch weekend matches as during weekdays I'm working 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. (in our local time matches are 8 a.m., 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.).

I did watch sunday's matches and enjoyed seeing Germany win, however they didn't quite convince me. I think it is because Ukraine didn't really challenge them enough to unleash their full power; they did struggle a lot though and Schweinsteiger came in to save their asses on last minute, it could easily have ended 1-1. Neither Croatia, Poland nor Switzerland surprised me either as they were the "stronger" teams. They are "average", but have a couple of remarkable players on their squads that give them advantages over other small teams. Surprises are all welcome though, as they make the tournament more interesting. The term "small" team is progressively becoming less applicable.

Same is happening here with the Copa America being played in parallel (June 3rd to 26th), Brazil got kicked out last night by Peru on the group stage, and that goal was clearly scored with the forward's hand, lmao. I will keep track of Euro's matches through this thread and watch matches when I have the time.

Cheers to everyone!
(06-13-2016, 07:00 PM)George Wrote: I feel ashamed of myself as I used to be a big football fan, however I've not been following UEFA outside of this thread.

They have only played one game. And they are doing pretty bad, they drawed 1-1 against Russia.
(06-14-2016, 03:12 AM)Shem Wrote:
(06-13-2016, 07:00 PM)George Wrote: I feel ashamed of myself as I used to be a big football fan, however I've not been following UEFA outside of this thread.

They have only played one game. And they are doing pretty bad, they drawed 1-1 against Russia.

I disagree. I think England and Germany have this far shown the strongest play. England might've tied the game but they played really beautifully for some good 30+ minutes. I can't really say that it's that England and Germany have played on their top level so far (obviously they haven't), but compared to that other teams they've already shown much better game.  If the teams were to continue playing the way they have been playing so far, I think the top teams would end up being England, Germany, maybe France... Maybe Russia even? And I guess we'll see tonight how well Portugal is doing.

(06-13-2016, 07:17 PM)FateTrip Wrote: I only saw parts of the match but from the bits I saw, yeah Spain played alright.

imo Spain showed great weakness. I won't be expecting much from them this year. Hopefully they prove me wrong :P