Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Arbitrary vehicle spawning
RIP exports.
We could block SprayTag vehicles from being exported, yay!
(05-29-2016, 03:56 PM)cake Wrote: We could block SprayTag vehicles from being exported, yay!

Could? Isn't is already blocked from being exported? :P
Thank you for all your thoughts! Let me distill some of the arguments that have been shared so far.
  • [gF]Haunter thinks that being able to spawn any car errs too much towards freeroam, for which players could go to other servers like xSF. He also thinks that VIPs should have the ability to spawn Hydras and Hunters.
  • Holsje thinks that it's a nice idea, but would like to be sure that we find an appropriate way to prevent abuse. He suggests not allowing spawning a car whilst being in a fight.
  • sau think that it's a nice idea, but would like us to charge for vehicles that have weapons, for example Hydras and Hunters. In addition, he also feels this should be part of a larger Global Economy.
  • cake argues that vehicles with weapons should remain limited to the Area 69 base.
  • Huracan is worried about exports suffering from this, cake and Robin already replied that spawned vehicles cannot be exported.

I share [gF]Haunter's concern that it might err too much towards freeroam, but Las Venturas Playground aims to provide a balance between that and DM features. Because of this, I would argue that it is a goal for us to not need people to connect to xSF. I am confused by his two-sided argument where (a) people should not be able to spawn vehicles, and (b) people should be able to spawn vehicles.

One solution we can aim for here is similar to what Holsje suggests, by making sure that people who recently have been in a fight cannot spawn vehicles. This is similar to what we do on entering the pirate ship and with the /taxi command, but perhaps this has to be reinforced to be better than it is today.

In regards of the vehicles that can fire weapons, I have a few thoughts. I like sau's idea of charging for it, but I also like cake's preference of keeping spawning of them limited to Area 69— the distance makes it a little bit harder for people to abuse them. Perhaps we could do a combination, where people will have to charge for usage of these vehicles when picking them up from Area 69. We could also penalize shooting with them, by decreasing the vehicle's health when this happens near Las Venturas.

sau's second idea of integrating this with a Global Economy is something I like very, very much. I've actually already begun on grouping some of the prices together since money is a complete mess on LVP right now, and I do still plan to divide everyone's money by ten, perhaps even more. Once I've mapped all the prices, this definitely is a discussion we need to have!

Spawned vehicles should definitely not be exportable, and I believe that we indeed already have the necessary protections in place.

If I summarize all of this, I think we can conclude that people generally are in favor, but want to be sure that appropriate restrictions are applied— stricter restrictions than those we apply to the /inf et al. commands today?
I agree. With strict restrictions limiting this command so as to avoid misuse in fights, and to avoid the spawning of vehicles with weapons, this can be a very useful feature.
I would like to add that Sultan is an export car and we can use /sul to spawn and export it (with a 3 minute break ofc ) since I see cake and robin said spraytag vehicles are blocked from being exported. About the vehicle menu, I agree with Holsje.This will reduce spawning vehicles suddenly and driving away to avoid death and such.
WTF keep it as it was bruh this is painful

pay for it WTF arent oyu supposed to make it better paying for stuff and then not even able to spawn it i would agree pay and spawn but making it worser no ways
(05-29-2016, 04:42 PM)Diablo. Wrote: I would like to add that Sultan is an export car and we can use /sul to spawn and export it (with a 3 minute break ofc ) since I see cake and robin said spraytag vehicles are blocked from being exported.

I see, that definitely is a bug! I have filed it here: https://github.com/LVPlayground/playground/issues/198

(05-29-2016, 05:10 PM)[gF]Haunter Wrote: WTF keep it as it was bruh this is painful

pay for it WTF arent oyu supposed to make it better paying for stuff and then not even able to spawn it i would agree pay and spawn but making it worser no ways

I am most happy to have this debate with you— that is why this topic exists after all, but please try to make a coherent argument.

You're arguing that people should not be able to freely spawn vehicles, but that you should be able to freely spawn Hydras and Hunters, which most likely are more disruptive to deathmatchers than regular vehicles that cannot shoot projectiles. I don't see how that makes sense.

What exactly are you concerned about? How would vehicle spawning make the server a worse place for you? Would some of the proposed restrictions help to alleviate this concern?
Sorry Haunter, I don't really get the point you want to make. I think you've summarized that fine Russell!
ok idc u guys can get me do whatever you want :)