Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Creating deflation
I would like to propose dividing all in-game prices and awards by ten. Prices on Las Venturas Playground have become ridiculously high, and doing this once (or twice!) will certainly help getting things in a more manageable state again.

To share some concrete examples:

• Right now you get $50 per second for idling on the ship. This will become $5*.
  • We have properties ranging in price between $100,000,000 and $22. This will become between $10,000,000 and $2.
  • You get $10,000 for winning a reaction test. This will become $1,000.
  • The sawn-off shutgun costs $12,000 at Ammunation. This will become $1,200.
In short— nobody will be off better or worse than before, it's just that the numbers lose a digit. Doing this now, and potentially once more in the future, will allow us to reach somewhat more realistic prices, and make a housing system much more feasible. (Buying houses for more than 2 billion, really?)

Your opinions would be most appreciated!

* VIPs receive double this amount.
I really like this idea. It will indeed simplify things.
Yes!

Been waiting for something like this.
Yeah, brilliant mate, exactly what's needed. Bringing the economy down a notch oughta do it. Will the bank limit also be affected?
Good one!
(04-26-2016, 10:37 PM)Deer_Hunter Wrote: Good one!
As long as it brings houses
The biggest problem of them all is crew members creating their own properties with ridiculously high prices and ROI. Regular players often take new players on a tour of the most expensive props - which are normally crew props.

By comparison, my prop:

[Image: FHFTbYR.jpg]

Mr.JT's, which is the highest earning prop in the game:

[Image: RCvSrmD.jpg]

We should strongly consider setting a fixed maximum limit for crew properties -- and closely moderate generic/non-crew props too. For example, maximum price for crew properties could be $500,000, with earnings at 5%, so $25,000 every couple minutes.
The way I personally see it is that the only main problem with the LVP economy (I guess that applies to even SP gta games and other servers and perhaps even most other games) is that there's no real need for money, that there are very limited ways to spend money. However, since I have no big ideas about fixing it (I guess in any game where that problem exists, the solution is to offer people things that they're willing to pay for... which would require time and manpower (which we unfortunately don't have) to create many new features), I'm gonna agree with what you are proposing. 

tl;dr: I agree.
Granny, could I ask you to move your suggestion to another topic please?

Regulating an in-game economy is a very convoluted topic with many aspects to it, and I would like to take the time to reply to your observation in detail without derailing this thread. My gut feel is that the only way we can be successful at this is by not giving administrators influence over the price at all, which is likely to be a bit controversial.

It sounds like there is general agreement for introducing some rapid inflation :). I'll start thinking about how we can make this happen.