Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Jetpacks
Implementing jetpacks is a fun idea I'd like to work on. I am thinking of the following restrictions:
- out of fight for 3 mins before being able to use it
- disabling weapons during flying
- godemode during flying
- disabling weapons for 1 min after removing jetpack

The main focus will be the 'roaming' ability of the jetpack. Is this all agreeable? We could use money as some sort of fuel here: you need to have cash in hand to fly, and per second $100 is deducted from your cash when flying. When you run out of cash, you're frozen and drop to the ground until the jetpack is removed or cash is withdrawn from your bank. Sounds fun to me :)

I'd also like to look into player clothing, to see if we can do something about that.

p.s. Jetpacks are freely available during the LVP10 anniversary, after that we'll be looking into implementing them for players/VIPs with above stated rules.
Bump
I really like those restrictions, and agree with all of them!

In this thread, there was another idea I liked:

(05-01-2016, 10:27 PM)Huracan Wrote: only spawn-able if...not under 50hp (this can be adjusted)

However, I think your 3 minute interval should be sufficient. What's the worst that can happen? We implement the feature, receive feedback that it isn't working too well - we can make changes. 
I don't want to see VIP becoming so exclusive that people are practically forced to donate to get access to "the good stuff", as such, I propose we make this feature available to everyone, OR, just registered players. It would be nice if a toggle was for available for admins, like vallow.
I am a fan of all of this, I'd only add on one more cost as the jetpack will enable people to get to properties much more easily; perhaps 500k/1m to spawn it, in addition to the cost of flying imo. You can do a lot in a minute.
Amen, my man.
Fully agree with Joe above, this needs implementing fast :P
Also GodMode is 100% needed.
good idea

the no weapons part i like so ther can be no abuse

the 50 % health rule cant we make it so if a players has 100 % health he has god mode
and if its below he cant spawn it or he has no god mode
(05-17-2016, 08:00 AM)cake Wrote: - godmode during flying

I agree with everything except this. Jetpack would be abused if people would get godmode during their flight. People would be unbeatable so all they do is just get 1,000,000,000$ on hand, spawn a jetpack and buy all the properties one by one. They wouldn't be scared of holding all that pocket money, as they are immortal. And others who need money can't kill them to steal anything... Think about it.
Thanks for the reactions guys, I appreciate them. I agree with making this feature open for everyone in order to allow people to roam if they feel like it. Unregistered players will probably not be able to use this feature as much as they like, since they aren't saving any money at all, so no need to limit it for them.

I also agree with Joe's idea to implement a spawn-cost for this feature. This could be easily as high as 1 or 2 million, since everybody is carrying too much money anyway. In addition, in this way players who sort of abuse the jetpack, to quickly buy properties, are forced to pay more money for their usage. If one would only roam with a jetpack, he wouldn't need to spawn it 5 times per minute.
think of the carbomes 4 000 000
and we blow one per min lol
so what wil the price for a jetpack needs to be ?
I don't agree with god mode part since it can be abused. Otherwise it seems ok to me.