Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Creating deflation
I was talking to Joe just now, and we figured that one complementary solution would be an automatic increase or decrease of your bank account money based on your activity. Imagine:

[Image: graph.png]
  • You receive positive interest on the value of your bank account for up to a week of inactivity. This means you get free money.
  • When you are inactive for more than a week, you will receive a negative interest of half the positive interest's rate. This means that as long as you log in once per three weeks, you get free money.
  • If you haven't logged in for three weeks or more, the value of your bank account will steadily decrease depending on the time passed since you last visited the server.
  • The value of your bank account will never decrease past a hundred million or so*, to make sure that returning players have sufficient money to get back up on their feet.
Running some numbers, we have 344 billionaires on the server, and 2,852 people with more than a hundred million dollars. Many of those haven't been in-game for ages, but could still significantly influence the economy when they return.

* This will likely become a million once we reconsider pricing in our economy.
This sounds great!
This is a great way to put more value on money!
I like this. Good Job!
yup free money whooooo
We should think about reducing props values and earnings, make it harder to make money! If props earnings gonna get reduced, removing between 50%-75% of money in bank accounts would be a great idea, and weapons prices are bit too high maybe we should reduce them too.
I agree but also disagree.

Simply making everything 10times chaper and 10times less rewards wont really fix the economy right? You can only earn 10 times as much money.

Th income of having a few properties is far greater than winning a minigame or a reaction test.
Properties should be way more limited I agree. But some things, like minigame rewards ad expoting vehicles shouldnt. The only real way to make money is to buy properties right now. Also the only 2 ways to spend money is carbombs and weapons. Would be awesome to have the housing system Jay had some time ago where you can spend money on a house, furniture etc. (He said it should mostly be working, I guess its not but would be awesome if somebody could look at reviving it.) Also on the admin props: Would be cool if they slowly get less profitable the longer they stay at the same location. (With a fixed minimum)

Tl;dr:Great idea, but I would suggest to directly check if all methods of making money are some what equal.

About the negative interest:
One who would have been inactive for half a year would have lost almost all his money. I can imagine he wont like it and might be a reason to not stick as he cant afford weapons anymore.
It is good to award the active, but dont punish the inactive too much for they might not come back.
(05-29-2016, 11:33 PM)Holsje Wrote: About the negative interest:
One who would have been inactive for half a year would have lost almost all his money. I can imagine he wont like it and might be a reason to not stick as he cant afford weapons anymore.
It is good to award the active, but dont punish the inactive too much for they might not come back.

This I agree.There's a lot of players who come back to LVP after a long time and they won't like losing all the money they made before. At the same time,this will create a tendency among players who don't play much to join server often to avoid losing money.

The way that we discussed it would ensure that enough money is left for a player to get back on their feet and earn money again. $10 or $1M sounds small today, but it will be more reasonable with a revamped economy. The goal is certainly not to drive returning players away, but in fact, it might give them a reason to stay as they can earn money to rebuild their bank account!
(05-30-2016, 12:26 AM)Joe Wrote:

The way that we discussed it would ensure that enough money is left for a player to get back on their feet and earn money again. $10 or $1M sounds small today, but it will be more reasonable with a revamped economy. The goal is certainly not to drive returning players away, but in fact, it might give them a reason to stay as they can earn money to rebuild their bank account!

I don't think people are going to log in just keep there money at the moment of going away. They don't think about there money when they just had enough for a while. But some of them will be sad to see they only got 1 or 10mill left of there money upon return.