Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Anyone plays guitar here?
What guitar you play? Clasic, accoustic? electric?

Which of the three is best to start with playing guitar? I heard clasic one... but why? The accoustic one makes better shizzle songs.
Get a cheap electric guitar to start I say, but an acoustic may be better because playing an electric without an amplifier is boring.
I have been thinking about learning to play acoustic.
I wanna get a ukulele, I have a few friends who play it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtwXdKkO75E

^Pro Ukulele skills

Better to learn acoustic guitar, You can then play on electric guitar if you want to, Depends what style you want to play though.
My friend suggested me to buy clasic guitar because its the best for begginers, the acords are bigger and easier to learn..
I want to play just some crapy gay songs that i make, i would sing about lvp lol.

So idk what to do, to buy accoustic or classic guitar first, found some clasic ones very fucking cheap, and accoustic not that cheap, any more suggestions ?
Acoustic's a tricky term because it's very broad. All classical guitars are technically acoustic...
Do you mean a nylon string classical guitar vs a steel string acoustic guitar?
It really depends on what style of music you want to play. If you want to play something with distortion (and can afford an amp) then jump straight into electric.
Classical guitars will usually have wider necks and well stretch your fingers more, and often people who have learned on classical guitars will find electrics (or thinner-necked acoustics) to be a lot easier to play on if they make the switch. Really depends on the sound you're looking for. Get something cheap to start off with, and if you still have interest in a year or two, buy something a little more upscale.
(09-29-2014, 04:19 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Acoustic's a tricky term because it's very broad. All classical guitars are technically acoustic...
Do you mean a nylon string classical guitar vs a steel string acoustic guitar?
It really depends on what style of music you want to play. If you want to play something with distortion (and can afford an amp) then jump straight into electric.
Classical guitars will usually have wider necks and well stretch your fingers more, and often people who have learned on classical guitars will find electrics (or thinner-necked acoustics) to be a lot easier to play on if they make the switch. Really depends on the sound you're looking for. Get something cheap to start off with, and if you still have interest in a year or two, buy something a little more upscale.

My friend today who knows about guitars bought me today an used classic guitar, it had steel strings, but she will replace them with nylon ones because it will have better sound she said..
so i will have clasic guitar with nylon strings for starts to play with, havent seen the guitar yet because i have to travel to an other city to take it from her so will probably do on weekend.
I'm just aiming to learn the basics and most songs i will try to learn will be Nickelback, because its my favorite band and just awesome songs... So the guitar is mainly for personal use and just having fun,, Maybe in the future id buy electric guitar, but for now i have plans to learn with classic one i will get and then go to accoustic one.

one more question: Should i buy the uhmm plastic thingie to play the guitar? Or do with fingers? whats the diffrence and whats better for starters?
Inb4 shark making a sarcastic joke about nickelback