Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Feature]Non-English Side Chat
Well talking non-english doesn't mean the players don't talk english at all. There might be moments that they would like to talk with other folks for advice or help, in english, which isn't possible if they are cut off from the rest just because they talked spanish or something.
(10-08-2013, 05:35 PM)cake link Wrote: Well talking non-english doesn't mean the players don't talk english at all. There might be moments that they would like to talk with other folks for advice or help, in english, which isn't possible if they are cut off from the rest just because they talked spanish or something.

That is why there should be a time, just as for the mute, but more friendly.
I do not (personally) think that this issue is critical enough that we need to do something about it at this current time... meaning, in the future, it could become a larger issue that we would need to look at. This would be my proposition for a simple and effective way of separating the chats;

When joining the server as an unregistered player, you are prompted with a language selection... "English", and "Other". Based on selection, it will drop you in one of two main chats... English only, or other languages... pretty simple. Announcements, PM system, and all remain global between the two main chats. On the registration page, we could put a main language selector. This should also be editable via an in-game command, "/chat english" or "/chat other". This command would change the players default language value in the database, so it's saved until changed otherwise. In fact, we could do away with the language option on the registration page and just go the command route. I feel that this would be the cleanest solution to the issue, and I would believe this would require little amount of work on the development side.
(10-08-2013, 01:18 PM)Holsje link Wrote: If you got nothing constructive to say you could also just post nothing.

You answered your problem in your first post. use /ignore as it has always been. no need to invent a bycicle.

(10-08-2013, 09:51 AM)Holsje link Wrote: I totally agree that we should let them interact, and not be bitches over language.
I don't like this idea
(10-09-2013, 03:32 PM)Fuse link Wrote: I don't like this idea

Let developers bother with something important.