Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Feature]Non-English Side Chat
As a response to MacSto in:
http://forum.sa-mp.nl/index.php?topic=32368

I totally agree that we should let them interact, and not be bitches over language. Because it indeed will result in less players what is something that nobody wants.

But how about instead of a mute, drop them into a new non-English chat, where they can still interact with friends, but the chat can be disabled by other players.
And just put them into it for a limited time, but still make them able to see the English, main, chat.
Right now we have the /ignore option indeed, but having to ignore every single player every session might be too much work for some people so I think adding this option might be useful for players like Xero. (And sometimes I do share his feeling).
[Image: 960px-279570_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Facepa...0x1024.jpg]
Why not translate the chat of the players than it is for anyone to read There is probably a translation tool, applicable
Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=32379.msg444604#msg444604 date=1381224067]

That's exactly what I thought in the first place..

Srsly just leave it as it is - there not like 1383772828 hispanics flooding the chat  8)7
Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=32379.msg444604#msg444604 date=1381224067]

If you got nothing constructive to say you could also just post nothing.
(10-08-2013, 01:14 PM)LetzFetz link Wrote: That's exactly what I thought in the first place..

Srsly just leave it as it is - there not like 1383772828 hispanics flooding the chat  8)7

At some times I also notice a lot of Spanish people talking Spanish, however this shouldn't have a very high priorty((You can /ignore)), just possible future feature

(10-08-2013, 10:35 AM)jt78 link Wrote: Why not translate the chat of the players than it is for anyone to read There is probably a translation tool, applicable

Would that work for russian? And even if it does translation tools always suck.
Well I think about the programming part.. if you want to do the work you can ofc - but I dont think that its worth the work in my opinion :/
(10-08-2013, 01:22 PM)LetzFetz link Wrote: Well I think about the programming part.. if you want to do the work you can ofc - but I dont think that its worth the work in my opinion :/

It isn't right now because there are more important things to do at this point. However it wouldn't be bad to have in the future.
This wouldn't be that hard to code looking at LVP source and to be fair it is a nice feature suggestion. I'm not for the translation thing though, you'd probably have to use a plug-in, and since LVP isn't a fan of using 3rd party plug-ins and instead like's to create their own, I don't think it would be worthwhile. However, that raises a slight interest for me in creating a feature where players can pick their own language and it translates the whole server for them (except live, main chat of course as we've already discussed). But that's a story for another time..
Don't think this is a smart thing to do since you're separating people. With /ignore, every player can decide for himself who to ignore/unignore at any moment. And I don't think it's that hard to use the command a few times a session.
(10-08-2013, 04:37 PM)cake link Wrote: Don't think this is a smart thing to do since you're separating people. With /ignore, every player can decide for himself who to ignore/unignore at any moment. And I don't think it's that hard to use the command a few times a session.

What is wrong with separating people?

However the ignore command is my other point indeed, as you can do that is it really needed