Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Feature]Bring back Jail Island!!!
Implementation of the jail island has been completed -- this feature is ready to launch!  It will be included in the next gamemode update of LVP.

Follow this ticket for more information: http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/718
(05-09-2013, 11:22 PM)Russell link Wrote: Implementation of the jail island has been completed -- this feature is ready to launch!  It will be included in the next gamemode update of LVP.

Follow this ticket for more information: http://trac.sa-mp.nl/lvp/ticket/718

Awesome!
Nice work Russell
I could test it if there's still need.
You should idle on IRC :). Jail system and a couple of other stuff has been tested today.
Indeed, and I would say that is intentional.  It's easy to forget that we're playing a computer game.  The punishment of not being able to participate in gameplay for a couple of minutes should be sufficient.
(05-10-2013, 09:41 PM)Sophia link Wrote: What a waste of time and effort.  -O-

The fact that you fail to understand how an online game works does not mean you should, without proper argumentation, characterize our development efforts as being "a waste of time".  Instead of making empty statements about how giving people an hour of jail time is an effective way of punishment, please present on what grounds you are presenting such a statement.

Giving people the ability to not just visit others in jail, but also shoot and kill them, is a subtle form of humiliation.  Someone could trick another player in doing something that gets them jailed, and then visit them in jail to bully them.  That creates a bad experience by any standards.  People have a flow they're playing with, and being put in jail interrupts that, which is annoying enough by itself.  So what if they minimize their window and do other things?  They're not playing, and that's the very purpose of the punishment.  I'm all for adding things to do in jail to actually keep them in the game by choice.

I believe the jail island to be a really nice addition to Las Venturas Playground, and it provided us with a good chance to replace the old jail system with a new one.
Being able to humiliate players is a gesture I do very strongly disagree with, as it will destroy a player's interest in continuing.  We will not have the possibility of visiting other players in jail.

There is this trick called social engineering which, when one's good at it, makes it easy to have other people commit actions which makes them end up in jail.  It's not rare, and it's actually being employed quite a lot -- especially among new players.

The title of this topic was to bring back the jail island.  That's what we've done, and I've consciously left some of your other suggestions out of scope as I believe them to be harmful.  I suggest that you, or someone else, opens up a bug about stopping the jail timer when the player has their game minimized.
yay