Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Seeking voluntary developers (php, mysql etc)
Hello! I am hunting for hungry developers, or eager learners, to join in on my web platform project called "iouWeb". Some of you have already heard of this project, it's been going a little up and down throughout its life but is now finally stabilizing, thus I am ready to invite more developers. But you should know that working on this project, currently, pay you only with experience. It is planned that if it becomes very successful, it may be made into a profitable project, but in its current state it is not.

I don't know the odds of finding web developers here, but keep in mind that as long as you are willing and eager to learn, your experience doesn't matter that much. However you probably want to at least have programmed a little before, or been very, very interested in attempting it. Otherwise odds are high that you will become confused in this project and stop right away.

Qualities/experience that will ease things up for you:
1. PHP
2. MySQL
3. HTML
4. CSS
5. Javascript
6. git (version control)

I don't expect you to have experience in all of these, but it will allow you to be more productive if you were, rather than having to research along as you go.

So what is this project about? Well, you could see it as a framework, but anything to do with the web is already built in, e.g. blog, articles, user system, admin system, comments, content management system etc.. In the end this would mean a reusable system for any website you can imagine that you would need. It's a little like wordpress, but we put performance and usability before everything and it still remains a framework, not a simple package you install, but rather a tool you use to put usability where you need it on your website.

Hope to see you replying here with interest! :)
bump
Bump. Hi iou :)
I wish you posted something like this like last year or before that when I still had interest in programming.

Lost interest in it... I didn't GIVE UP, I just lost interest.
How does one lose interest in programming? :(
How did one gain interest? 8)7

Jk web development ftw
(12-28-2012, 10:08 PM)iou link Wrote: pay you only with experience

lol
i had the same feeling zaib XD
If you're interested in programming, eperience is often more valuable than money, especially if you're a student.  :)
aha sorry i don't know a shit about programming