Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Rethinking teleportation on LVP
What about keeping the /tp and change it abit?

E.G: you type /tp 15 and player ID 15 get a message like "Allow player to teleport to you?"

I know it's possible, we had it on a server I managed.
(12-16-2012, 07:41 PM)Slide link Wrote: What about keeping the /tp and change it abit?

E.G: you type /tp 15 and player ID 15 get a message like "Allow player to teleport to you?"

This would be the best option in my opinion.

I have just started playing again after a long time and the thing I have noticed is that now some people use the teleport all the time just to start a fight, which is not fair in my opinion. I heard that VIPs should have the option to disable teleport but that option is broken now. It is really annoying to be driving around in LS or anywhere just to have someone /ctp you with a bike, first destroying your car and then shooting you, then spawning back to LV.

If people want to fight someone they can find each others fighters without the use of /tp or /ctp. Personally I fight rarely and that's why it is even more annoying when someone jumps on you using tp.

If you would be asked if you allow someone to teleport to you, you could allow your friends and block those who just bring trouble.

In my opinion, target is right..... dont change /taxi or /tp.

and the " allow to tp " thing is also good.

sure, add more locations to /taxi but dont combine it with /tp
(12-16-2012, 07:41 PM)Slide link Wrote: What about keeping the /tp and change it abit?

Exactly, a teleportation method like LVM..
Only then VIPs can disable instant TPs to them, and instant tele to others (As a benefit for the donators for Moneyzzzz)
Being able to teleport directly to a player is essentiel for a fastpaced fun gameplay.

Nothing is more boring than driving around trying to find each other. That's not why I play, and I'm sure people who aren't familiar with the map would find it a massive bore not being able directly meet up with their friends.

If you remove the ability to teleport to a player, you'll kill a very fundamental and necessary function of this server.
I also don't get why the teleportation-disable function is broken at the moment. Whenever they launch a new update I'm sure they have to test all functions first to prevent a lot of bugs, even when something is broken, they should fix it first and then distribute the update, and not leave things broken.
Hi all,

Thank you for your replies. I made an overview of the arguments given in favor and against my proposed changes. Of course, we wouldn't want to introduce a change that upsets players, but it's also important to realize that commands need to be sensical, discoverable and concise. The current system makes it very annoying for players that others can randomly teleport to them. I will include a counter-proposal in this post.

Arguments in favor of changing /tp
* Unifying all of /taxi, /tp, /ctp, /mtp, /t, and so on, and thereby more clarity for new players.
* Providing a much nicer interface for players, allowing them to select their destination.
* A player can grow the amount of teleportation points available to them.

Arguments against changing /tp
* Current players are familiar with the workings of said commands.
* Teleporting to a player (when helping them) is much easier than teleporting near them.
* Being able to teleport directly to a player is essential for fast-paced gameplay.

I recognize these arguments. Thank you. What our requirements are in designing the new behavior of the teleportation commands, as I do believe that they're broken today, are as follows:

* The command(s) must be intuitive to use and friendly to both new and experienced LVP players.
* The features of the command should expand as you become a more experienced player.
* There must be a benefit for VIPs in usage of the command.

Therefore I'd like to propose the following.

Proposal:
There will be a single command, "/teleport" or "/tp" for short. When..
  • .. no arguments are given, a map of San Andreas will be shown with the available fixed teleportation points.
  • .. a (partial) player name or full player Id is given, then the player wants to teleport to another player. When..
    • [li].. the player is in the same gang, teleport directly.
    • .. they're not in the same gang, ask for permission once per session, teleport after the person being teleported to accepted.
    [/li]
  • .. a (partial) location name is given, then the player wants to teleport to there.
Teleportation will be completely disabled if the player has been involved near a fight in the last minute. There is a set limit to how often a player can teleport. Both limits are more flexible for VIPs. Prices are always determined based on distance, where VIPs will get a discount.

Do you think this is a better idea? I'd love to hear your opinions.

SnelleHap: Please create topics for bugs like that one. I'd be happy to clarify why it's broken!
Your counter-proposal sounds great to me. I'm all for it! :)
(12-23-2012, 12:47 PM)Russell link Wrote: Proposal:
There will be a single command, "/teleport" or "/tp" for short. When..
  • .. no arguments are given, a map of San Andreas will be shown with the available fixed teleportation points.
  • .. a (partial) player name or full player Id is given, then the player wants to teleport to another player. When..
    • [li].. the player is in the same gang, teleport directly.
    • .. they're not in the same gang, ask for permission once per session, teleport after the person being teleported to accepted.
    [/li]
  • .. a (partial) location name is given, then the player wants to teleport to there.
Teleportation will be completely disabled if the player has been involved near a fight in the last minute. There is a set limit to how often a player can teleport. Both limits are more flexible for VIPs. Prices are always determined based on distance, where VIPs will get a discount.

Do you think this is a better idea? I'd love to hear your opinions.

I like this!
Ok for me Russel, thank you for listening.