Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

SA-MP 0.2.2 Discussion!
But, There is a limit of objects, 100 and fifty somthing I think, So it will be Hard to Make the island as good as it seems.. because I am sure objects will be required for other features aswell...
(07-06-2007, 10:55 PM)Grove link Wrote:But, There is a limit of objects, 100 and fifty somthing I think, So it will be Hard to Make the island as good as it seems.. because I am sure objects will be required for other features aswell...

There will be an objecthandler in 3.0 which will allow us to use way more than 150 objects.
w00t How lol????? omg Nice!
* Ronald_McDonald creeps in...
Interesting point. I suspect that the limit of 150 objects still applies as creating any more than this apparently causes instability. However, by using a clever handler you can make it appear as though the limit is actually higher by creating and deleting objects on-the-fly (dynamically) in certain situations e.g. some objects may be created during a minigame or when players are within a given distance to them and then destroyed afterward, therefore freeing up object slots. In the worst case scenario the total objects in the game mode at a given instant would probably reach 150 or just below it. I could be wrong, Peter may have other tricks up his sleeve, but this is how the current property system works due to the limit of one checkpoint per player at a time.

Ronald

Oh and I don't script/play anymore, but I did write a property handler thingy a few months back.
(07-09-2007, 03:32 PM)Ronald_McDonald link Wrote:* Ronald_McDonald creeps in...
Interesting point. I suspect that the limit of 150 objects still applies as creating any more than this apparently causes instability. However, by using a clever handler you can make it appear as though the limit is actually higher by creating and deleting objects on-the-fly (dynamically) in certain situations e.g. some objects may be created during a minigame or when players are within a given distance to them and then destroyed afterward, therefore freeing up object slots. In the worst case scenario the total objects in the game mode at a given instant would probably reach 150 or just below it. I could be wrong, Peter may have other tricks up his sleeve, but this is how the current property system works due to the limit of one checkpoint per player at a time.

Ronald

Oh and I don't script/play anymore, but I did write a property handler thingy a few months back.

Oi :)

LVP 3.0 has been tested with over 800 000 objects loaded. That's about 20 times GTA: San Andreas ;)
Quote:LVP 3.0 has been tested with over 800 000 objects loaded. That's about 20 times GTA: San Andreas ;)
Well there you have it, Peter has spoken!
And that's an awful lot of objects...which pretty much ruins my theory (for objects anyway) :>

* Ronald_McDonald goes back to the drawing board
ROFL 800000 objects  :D :D :D
btw hi ronald  :w
off topic: ron its great too hear from you!  :9~

(07-09-2007, 04:11 PM)Ronald_McDonald link Wrote:Well there you have it, Peter has spoken!
And that's an awful lot of objects...which pretty much ruins my theory (for objects anyway) :>

* Ronald_McDonald goes back to the drawing board

(07-09-2007, 03:57 PM)Peter link Wrote:Oi :)

LVP 3.0 has been tested with over 800 000 objects loaded. That's about 20 times GTA: San Andreas ;)

Omfg

Oh My ******* god

800,000 Objects :/

One question:

HOW?
800.000 objects, 20x San Andreas. Sounds like Peter built his own city  8)7