Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Poll: What should happen to stunts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Let really few in LV, remove the ones in the air, and put the rest in SF and LS
21.28%
10 21.28%
Create a platform connected to LV where all stunts will be located
40.43%
19 40.43%
Move them all to another virtual world
38.30%
18 38.30%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Stunting
Errm, what about to make a vehicle destroyer timer? I mean, devs will create a timer which kills all vehicles which was spawned with the command of stunt vehicle spawner. If stunt vehicle is full, let it pass and destroy the rest in every five minutes. And make a script which they can spawn a car only in 10 seconds to avoid vehicle spam.
As to Kase's request, My vote will be to remove all ramps period. The end. I say this because this distracts the main aspect of the game itself which was before in previous versions when the server had; at the time, 100+ players. As I will explain myself why this is, you first must see that before it was more attractive when one must renew their account, and there were server restarts. In this case; for example, money is always ones main goal on a server for one to buy weapons, ammo, mod cars, etc. This was the attraction to most players from the very beginning. When they implemented the VIP system or Banking system is when it suddenly started dying. This cause, in fact creates; a more or less sustainable likability for the server and takes the challenge out of the game. It is when you take a challenge away from the player and have horded groups and gangs represent one another; money wise, is to when the actual popularity and likability of the game "LVP" dies off. Far far away, all the time I have noticed over the years how calmer the server has gotten. I am not saying take away all stunt or race. I liked the /stunt (or w.e) feature that costed $200,000 to have a ramp appear in front of you. But a true stunt man, uses what the game offers which is the existing layout of the game; the map.

There is my two cents.

Anyone agree?

-ZiGGY
Why would you remove all the ramps when we can simply add a zone where stunters would go and play?

This way we can satisfy both deathmatchers, who have a whole city to run around and fight others, and stunters, who have a platform where they can just stunt without anyone interrupting them. And when we had the VIP and banking system, remember that we still had 150+ players.

I think if we focus only on RW deathmatchers, our playercount would drop to -1 or something like that  :+
I agree with Ziggy get rid of the stunt stuff from the main world and as Kase said make it a seperate world so if you want to dm you can without having the lag.
(05-06-2012, 11:10 AM)Kase link Wrote: I think if we focus only on RW deathmatchers, our playercount would drop to -1 or something like that  :+
It wouldnt drop it would actually go up a slight margin because there is alot of RWers that choose not to play LVP anymore because of its laggy stunt stuff and other reasons, I myself rarley play because of the lag and alot of bugs with the FC system.
(05-06-2012, 11:17 AM)Nater link Wrote: I agree with Ziggy get rid of the stunt stuff from the main world and as Kase said make it a seperate world so if you want to dm you can without having the lag.

Well.. yet this is (according to the votes in the related topic) going to happen - the question is when?!  :)
(05-06-2012, 11:10 AM)Kase link Wrote: Why would you remove all the ramps when we can simply add a zone where stunters would go and play?

This way we can satisfy both deathmatchers, who have a whole city to run around and fight others, and stunters, who have a platform where they can just stunt without anyone interrupting them. And when we had the VIP and banking system, remember that we still had 150+ players.

I think if we focus only on RW deathmatchers, our playercount would drop to -1 or something like that  :+

I understand that, and I voted. (In a completely different virtual world) So, 3.

Whats gonna happen when DM'rs take over the stunt platform out in the water? That won't be so fun for the stunters.
Also, can we take away most of the excessive teleports? lmao I went on their the other day and everyone was on a "cruise" or w/e it is... and it was the most ridiculous thing I had ever seen.  I couldn't help but "carjack-kill" some of the mods that were acting like jackasses.
I just would like for these things to stop, it deters the majority of players to come on which discourages them to even play when they see 25 people of the server following around these little moderators like their some kind of gods. Weird  :roll:
(05-06-2012, 01:30 PM)ZiGGY link Wrote: Whats gonna happen when DM'rs take over the stunt platform out in the water?

How can they if they have no weapon on that platform?  :)
(05-06-2012, 01:42 PM)Kase link Wrote: How can they if they have no weapon on that platform?  :)

I still don't see how this is going to fix any "lag" issues most people are talking about. Now maybe a virtual world would fix this. So what is the point?
Lag issues? Warping players you mean? Well, that's not caused by our gamemode or my LVP itself, but by LVM if I'm right. But all of this is hopefully going to be fixed soon thanks to our new server gear.