Las Venturas Playground
Stunting - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Main Talk (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Development (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Stunting (/thread-29154.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Stunting - Kase - 04-06-2012

This is one subject which lately has brought up a lot of fuss around here.

Right now, all the stunting objects are placed in Las Venturas; some people say they're funny, and some other people say they just clutter the map. Now, we have several options to satisfy everyone:-

1) Let really few in LV, remove the ones in the air, and put the rest in SF and LS
2) Create a platform connected to LV where all stunts will be located
3) Move them all to another virtual world

Feel free to express your own opinion! Do you think anything else regarding stunting should be implemented? If so, what?

Re: Stunting - Richard - 04-06-2012

2 or 3 would be fine. 3 might be faster but 2 keeps it closer to the rest.

So I'd say 2.

Also, poll?

Re: Stunting - Kase - 04-06-2012

Made the poll.  :)

Re: Stunting - Beaner - 04-06-2012

1) I don't think that's a good idea. Since LVP is all about Las Venturas and all the spawns are based in LV, it wouldn't be a good idea to make players go to LS/SF for stunting.
I know various commands could make traveling/teleporting to the stunt locations easier, but not everyone understands that. New players would decide to stay only if they saw various stunt objects around them.
In fact, the SF airport is full of stunts but you'll hardly see any players there.

2) I'm not quite sure about that.

3) Moving them all to a virtual world would just isolate them. We already have /jump zones.

In my opinion, only the Strip needs to be free from all stunt objects. This would make the DM'ers happy. You never really see players fighting anywhere on the highway, the LV airport, etc. The gang base area is already free from stunts. Clearing up the Strip would satisfy all the DM'ers. They can definitely put up with other areas in LV (where fighting rarely goes on) having stunts.

This way, the DM'ers can continue fighting without any obstructions and other players, who spawn in various parts of LV, can easily find stunt tracks and continue stunting.
With this being done, it might also be possible to enable commands like /vr and /flip in these areas. Vehicle damage is already disabled in the whole map (apart from the gang base area and the Strip).

Re: Stunting - Nater - 04-07-2012

I voted move to a virtual world, Most noobs can figure out to get there so just have it, and I reckon make a command like /lvpstunt and have a massive lot of stunt stuff (In a LV location) for those who like it after all its "Las Venturas Playground" make those stunters a massive playground to stunt in and enjoi themselves.

Re: Stunting - Richard - 04-07-2012

@Beaner: What about flying though? You can barely get your plane in the air without crashing it within a minute.

Re: Stunting - Beaner - 04-07-2012

(04-07-2012, 10:18 AM)Richard link Wrote: @Beaner: What about flying though? You can barely get your plane in the air without crashing it within a minute.

Flying isn't really that hard. The best way to get a plane in the air is to use /cardive. If the Strip were to be free of stunts, players could easily use Rustlers & Sea sparrows to shoot people. Others, who wish to fly planes all around, wouldn't face much difficulties as there are hardly any stunts in the air, outside LV. Only a little care needs to be taken, which isn't hard to do. I've been using a Rustler since a couple of days and it isn't really bad.

Other than that, there aren't many people who actually fly planes.

Re: Stunting - Darius - 04-07-2012

Wheres the option to remove them all? Honestly, when me and few other players decided to hop into LVP for some 4-shot, we connected, laughed and then left the server. LVP isn't a stunt server, but it sure damn looked like it.

I'd be up for the virtual world thingy with stunts, but I can imagine that would be abused

Re: Stunting - striker - 04-07-2012

Remove the stunts from all airports, leave a few area's open so we can fly do our thing without hitting a loop or something.

(04-07-2012, 10:18 AM)Richard link Wrote: @Beaner: What about flying though? You can barely get your plane in the air without crashing it within a minute.

This is annoying, and I don't like to use /cardive all time but most of my time launch normally with a plane "like it should be".
I think it would also be a problem if I'm attacking someone and that person use /cardive while in a plane or heli etc.

I think create a platform behind the military base in LV with a command /lvstunt so those stunter's will stay in the mainworld.

Re: Stunting - Beaner - 04-07-2012

I agree, car diving may not be the best solution. Perhaps, all the stunts from the LV airport should be moved to the LS airport as it's empty. The SF airport is loaded with stunts. Players don't really utilize those two airports much, so I guess the LV airport could be cleaned up that way.