Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Get more people to Las Venturas
(09-11-2011, 09:31 AM)Maka link Wrote: People can sure get defensive over a game...

Face facts: LVP averages about fifteen players a day perhaps, with the odd occasion that it surpasses that number. Nearly two years ago it was totally different. It started going downhill around the time I left, and hasn't boosted back since. The server had its golden time back in '07 and hit its top at '08-'09. From there it all started crumbling silently.

There are too many rules, too many complaints and too many useless features. Everyone appreciates the work the developers put in, but you still have to be able to see through the fog. There are certain rules that stop the player from really playing the game, which automatically means negativity. It's like trying to rank up in COD whilst playing on a server that blocks all the needed features to do so.

That, and a randomly missing "official list".
(09-10-2011, 01:04 PM)sTriKer link Wrote: There is alot of reason why there isn't alot of players anymore: We all play other games,sa-mp got bored for some people so they quit,school/work so no time to play really,some of the players can't deal with the rules etc etc.
+1
People can complain about the problem but it won't fix itself. Do you know pawn?! There's a lack of developers, help them out.
(09-12-2011, 12:09 AM)Bloodst3r link Wrote: I hope that's not meant to be as in abusing our powers, because we're not vampires we don't go like nuts or die if we don't abuse / ban players :+

Who said anything about abuse? I simply stated that if the LVP crew gets even more hungry for players, they might do that.
(09-12-2011, 05:23 AM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: People can complain about the problem but it won't fix itself. Do you know pawn?! There's a lack of developers, help them out.

+1
(09-12-2011, 06:40 AM)Tpimp link Wrote: Who said anything about abuse? I simply stated that if the LVP crew gets even more hungry for players, they might do that.
+1
Oh :+ because some other players always say that the crew is hungry for abusing players, never mind :+
LOL instead of making so much drama about it just find a solution before someone make a revolution
SA-MP is dying. Lol.

The problem is quite simple:

Right now there are 23 thousand people playing SA-MP. In 2007 when LVP peaked its player counts the record for consistent players at any one time was ~ 9000.

The reason LVP was so popular was because it was on a different server list known as "The Official list". It was a list with only a select few servers on it and had its own tab in the SA:MP client. However these where attractive to DDosers and other attackers. Therefore this list was shut down.

LVP did not fade right away because of the introduction of the "Hosted List". This is another list in the client where server owners must pay for a listing. For a while it had very little competition so therefore LVP was very popular still.

After the release of SA:MP 0.3, SA-MP began to grow and grow. More and more servers where listing themselves on both the internet and hosted list. Right now there are 4703 servers on the Internet List and 163 on the Hosted List.

The reason is very simple: There is far too much competition. GTA:SA is 6 years old so therefore any old players by now are bound to be bored and stop playing. Because of the competition, new players joining the server is very limited. Why would a player want to join a basic gamemode like LVP when they have the likes of GamerX, a server that outranks LVP in every possible way to play on?

Development is also a contributing factor. Popular servers like GamerX have large and active development teams constantly applying updates to the gamemode adding lots of cool new features. LVP has one developer at the moment: Me. And quite frankly I've hardly been developing.

The only real thing we can do to try and get players back is add popular attractive features and then promote the server.

(09-11-2011, 08:57 AM)BoSS2 link Wrote: DM is alive in sa-mp

Out of the 4700 servers on the internet list and 23k players, please point out 4 pure DM servers that have more than 100 players.

Since you can't, I'm going to lock this topic.
Actually, I've decided to leave it unlocked.
Good, cos I wanted to state that I agree with your entire post.
i dont agree with your post and thank you the allmighty developer for not locking this thread. lvp did have a high player count with official list and only because of official list. the gamemode and the rules was stupid but.. since you were on official list you would attract players no matter how bad the script was and with noobs joining then regulars would keep on joining aswell.

now that official list is gone you can see with your own eyes where the real problem is at.

1. script
2. rules
3. develepors (useless)
4. mappers (useless)
5. betatester (useless)
6. head beta tester (useless)

i cant point out 4 Dm servers since i only play on 1 and i dont look for any others.

HostName: PartyServer v5 [0.3C] [KFCGang.net]
Address:  8.2.121.99:7777
Players:  128 / 297
Ping:    110
Mode:    San Fierro: TDM v5.3.4
Map:      San Fierro Chaos Zone

[Image: playercount.php]

<kyemo> !record
<PyrtyEcho> MAX players today: 135 (time: 2011-09-12 12:08:25 85 new, with 2 admins), ALL time record: 305 (245 new, with 8 admins on: 2011-01-08 08:57:51)

is that good enough for you?

ive known or read about you long enough Jay to know that you have no real knowledge about pure DM. you and your head-beta tester/beta testers/mappers have been so arrogant in so many thread where people have given very good ideas on how to improve the server and eventually bring people back but all i see is "NO. NO. NO. NO. NO" when you really cant afford to say "NO." when player count is so low and almost DEAD.

you dont need large and active development teams constantly applying updates like gamerx to have players joining. you need a SIMPLE server that is easy to play on with simple rules and HELPFUL admins but first the true owners of LVP and not you Jay need to decide on what kind of server they wanna run because mixing gamerx/dm/rp together doesnt work and let me explain how i came up with that.

gamerx part: 10000000000 TELEPORT commands that doesnt go hand in hand in a DM server

dm: SHOOTING and not teleporting freeroam

rp: selling cars and buying shit to earn money

LVP in this order. #1 gamerx , #2 RP , #3 DM

another thing that is a failure to LVP is a good AC and your ability to remove cheaters and trolls from your community