Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ping
Dont know whats happening, my ping is 125 on LVP servers, while all my other favourited servers have a normal ping :(

Whats up with that?

All other players have normal ping too  :'(
Amsterdam doesn't like you.
If you ping 85.17.220.2, do you get a high ping as well?
Seems to be fixed now.  :?

(08-23-2011, 07:51 AM)Matthias link Wrote: If you ping 85.17.220.2, do you get a high ping as well?

If i do that, I get an average ping of 19 ms now. Strange things yesterday :(.
(08-22-2011, 10:33 PM)0Target0 link Wrote: Dont know whats happening, my ping is 125 on LVP servers, while all my other favourited servers have a normal ping :(

Whats up with that?

All other players have normal ping too  :'(

When I joined in once like a month ago my ping somehow looked like I came right out of Maddolis' basement. They claimed it was my connection though.
Stealing bandwith from Belgians eh  :(?!
(08-23-2011, 05:58 PM)Maka link Wrote: When I joined in once like a month ago my ping somehow looked like I came right out of Maddolis' basement. They claimed it was my connection though.
So thats where u was hiding :P Well my ping is normally stable at 370ish but latley has been up to shit aswell, underwater i get 335 ping tho :P
My ping in LVP used to be about 97-110, now it jumps anywhere between 140-300.
yeah my ping back in the day was 100-120, not so long ago it went up to 200-280 (unstable too) i then got a file from Jhon a registry key that could fix it
but i didnt notice any difference. a few days later (maybe because i restarted my pc) it went back to my old normal ping 100-120!

Pedro had the same issue and that registry key fixed it to him as well.

if you want i can try and look it up, i doubt i still got it in my email but ill take a look! if you see pedro you can ask him too and see if he still got it in his email.. 
Yes, supposedly it only happens on Windows7. For the ones who are getting issues with their pings here's a quote from Jhon, which as Agent already mentioned it indeed did help us:

Quote:There I added a registry key file called Ping tweak, just double click it and click accept when the prompt comes up. Of course, SA-MP and San Andreas itself should be closed when doing this. After successfully adding the key to the registry, restart your PCs, and then when opening SA-MP, after the San Andreas window is open, hit Ctrl. + Shift + Esc: this will minimize your game and bring up the Task manager. Once there, move to the Processes tab, search gta_sa.exe, right click it, and click set affinity. By default, SA-MP only uses 1 processor (core) for the San Andreas process, so select all your cores to run the process, and hit accept. Go back ingame, and you should see a framerate improvement (in my case it's a big improvement), and your ping should be more steady now. As a sidenote, the above mentioned step doesn't save, so sadly you have to do that every time you run SA-MP.

The trick worked for me, so hopefully it does for you as well.

Jhon

This is the file he's talking about