Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Ping
Lagdolis jokes are so 2008, but that's why they are good.

Your best friend,
HoogerBooger
(01-24-2012, 05:05 PM)Maddolis link Wrote: Amagad get@me network technician!

:-)
Well, I did post a fix on my old forum 2-3months after Windows 7 was released, also posted a topic here with a link to it.
I researched and tested a lot and then I explained in detail what was wrong and what needed fixing, with the fix in an attachment.
Unfortunately that forum is down and it doesn't seem like people remember this, and I really thought target would. :X :'(

EDIT: I just remembered, I have backups of that database, I'll try to get a hold of that topic today. :D

(01-24-2012, 04:32 PM)KaBooM link Wrote: Sorry for the bump but I get this same problem on almost every UK and France server... and I need to try that ^ out.

can you upload it somewhere else? FBI sucks balls :(
Agreed!

Here it is.

(01-24-2012, 07:57 PM)iou link Wrote: Well, I did post a fix on my old forum 2-3months after Windows 7 was released, also posted a topic here with a link to it.
I researched and tested a lot and then I explained in detail what was wrong and what needed fixing, with the fix in an attachment.
Unfortunately that forum is down and it doesn't seem like people remember this, and I really thought target would. :X :'(

EDIT: I just remembered, I have backups of that database, I'll try to get a hold of that topic today. :D
iou, I remember to see that topic in your forum and that method hasn't worked on me, but I do remember that it indeed helped other people. :p

So, KaBooM, make sure you do everything as Jhon explained and if that file doesn't help you out fixing your issue, wait for iou's reply. ;)
Done, found it. :)
I've copied the post and re-posted as an article on my old yet still alive test website.
For those of you who want to see the original post, well it's impossible. I posted it first on the old old old tHO forum which is forever lost. But fortunately before it became lost I re-posted it on the Splitmode forum which I restored today, the attachment doesn't work but the registry code was posted in the topic so I remade the file and uploaded it for the article.

Article (for the fix): http://iousoft.net/v2/index.php?article=10
Forum (for viewing only, note: will be down tomorrow again): http://iousoft.net/tempforum/index.php?topic=99.0

(01-24-2012, 08:46 PM)Pedro link Wrote: iou, I remember to see that topic in your forum and that method hasn't worked on me, but I do remember that it indeed helped other people. :p
It appears the code is in fact the same, so if Jhon's file worked for you while mine didn't, well that's slightly odd then isn't it? :P
(01-25-2012, 12:07 PM)iou link Wrote: Done, found it. :)
I've copied the post and re-posted as an article on my old yet still alive test website.
For those of you who want to see the original post, well it's impossible. I posted it first on the old old old tHO forum which is forever lost. But fortunately before it became lost I re-posted it on the Splitmode forum which I restored today, the attachment doesn't work but the registry code was posted in the topic so I remade the file and uploaded it for the article.

Article (for the fix): http://iousoft.net/v2/index.php?article=10
Forum (for viewing only, note: will be down tomorrow again): http://iousoft.net/tempforum/index.php?topic=99.0
It appears the code is in fact the same, so if Jhon's file worked for you while mine didn't, well that's slightly odd then isn't it? :P

You little nerd ;)
Thanks a lot pedro and iou but... iou, on ur site it says for vista and 7 and I have xp, does it mean the ping issue is not from my OS and I shouldn't be trying this? x)
just to be sure...
(01-26-2012, 11:50 AM)KaBooM link Wrote: Thanks a lot pedro and iou but... iou, on ur site it says for vista and 7 and I have xp, does it mean the ping issue is not from my OS and I shouldn't be trying this? x)
just to be sure...

Windows XP does not have this service and thus you do not have the same problem.
Using this solution in your case would only add a row of text to your registry that does nothing, so no you should not use this.
(01-25-2012, 12:07 PM)iou link Wrote: It appears the code is in fact the same, so if Jhon's file worked for you while mine didn't, well that's slightly odd then isn't it? :P
Eh, I'm not sure what happened exactly either. Perhaps I made something wrong when I followed your topic, I also found it kinda weird that it had worked for other people, and for me something had gone wrong. :b

(01-26-2012, 11:50 AM)KaBooM link Wrote: Thanks a lot pedro and iou but... iou, on ur site it says for vista and 7 and I have xp, does it mean the ping issue is not from my OS and I shouldn't be trying this? x)
just to be sure...
iou already said you shouldn't use this as you're on Windows XP, anyway as far as I know, even after seeing other topics in other forums, all these issues related to high ping in SA:MP only seem to happen in Windows Vista and Seven, and I believe it occurs mainly in w7, don't ask me why, it's just a guess. :)
yea correct, had no problem at all with my xp back then, but now w7 is all good for me somehow no jumpy ping no more.
Had also more fps on xp then w7. :/