Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Laptop problem
Vista
just put in the Vista dvd, boot the pc up and run a repair-install of Vista. if that doesnt work, the problem gotta be in the hardware.
(07-26-2011, 11:05 AM)Hitman link Wrote: just put in the Vista dvd, boot the pc up and run a repair-install of Vista. if that doesnt work, the problem gotta be in the hardware.
Just bout say that ;)
Most of the laptops don't need to have a 'microsoft' dvd to recover. A recovery is put on a safe partition now a days. If that partition is damaged also. It's most likeley a hardrive issue, like I told before.

I searched for gateway. And like I said before it's holding alt and hitting f10 repeatingly during booting up. This will get you in the recovery menu and will give you a clean install and will clean up your computer. No need to buy a new disk or something. Just hit those keys or use the recovery disks, which the laptop asked you to made when you started it up for the first time.

greets,

jerico
(07-26-2011, 01:54 PM)jerico link Wrote: ...holding alt and hitting f10 repeatingly during booting up. This will get you in the recovery menu and will give you a clean install and will clean up your computer...
On Asus, and apparently gateway (even though it is owned by acer) it is F8

This is an gateway support guide . about how to do this, I suggest you read through it.
(07-26-2011, 06:21 PM)no_one link Wrote: On Asus, and apparently gateway (even though it is owned by acer) it is F8

This is an gateway support guide . about how to do this, I suggest you read through it.

http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-53091...-a-gateway

And yes they use different combinations. SOme brands only use f10 or f8. Just try some different combinations...Or read the manual... :D

well she's being stubborn, she doesn't want to put it back to factory settings because she doesn't have anything backed up and she doesn't feel like reinstalling programs so whatever it's her problem. Thanks everyone for the help though.
I'll pandar00 slap her till she does it :+ yw :)
(07-27-2011, 12:01 AM)Nater link Wrote: I'll pandar00 slap her till she does it :+ yw :)

lol it's her choice if she wants to go without a computer, she keeps on asking to use mine though.
(07-27-2011, 12:27 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: lol it's her choice if she wants to go without a computer, she keeps on asking to use mine though.
Tell her to sod off  ;(