Las Venturas Playground
Laptop problem - Printable Version

+- Las Venturas Playground (https://forum.sa-mp.nl)
+-- Forum: Miscellaneous (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Technology (https://forum.sa-mp.nl/forum-26.html)
+--- Thread: Laptop problem (/thread-27745.html)

Pages: 1 2

Laptop problem - Silent_Bob - 07-23-2011

Ok so my mom is having a problem with her laptop. Whenever she turns it on it goes to this screen.[Image: sshot20091217020232.png]
If she selects a choice it will go to a black screen for a few seconds then go back to that screen again. And it will reboot the computer after little while and do the same thing again. Does anyone have any idea how she can fix it?

Re: Laptop problem - Nater - 07-23-2011

The pictures not displaying for me :+ anyone else see it?

Re: Laptop problem - Silent_Bob - 07-23-2011

well it's the recovery screen, the screen you get when your computer doesn't shut down right.

Re: Laptop problem - Nater - 07-26-2011

(07-23-2011, 06:09 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: well it's the recovery screen, the screen you get when your computer doesn't shut down right.
Okies, i'll ask my dad when i get home he has worked on PC's for years so ill ask his opinion for u :D

Re: Laptop problem - Silent_Bob - 07-26-2011

(07-26-2011, 05:17 AM)Nater link Wrote: Okies, i'll ask my dad when i get home he has worked on PC's for years so ill ask his opinion for u :D

ok, my mom doesn't have much money to take it in to get it fixed so she's trying to find out if it needs that or if she can just do it herself. thanks Nate O+

Re: Laptop problem - jerico - 07-26-2011

Sounds like a bad windows install. Which brand do you have? You have to recover it to factory settings. It could be your harddrive too. But that wouldn't give you the recovery screen.

If you have an Acer laptop for example you have to hit f10/alt+f10 during the start up to recover it. Note that everything on the laptop will be gone. You will get it as fresh as you bought it.

greets,

jerico

(07-26-2011, 08:23 AM)jerico link Wrote: Sounds like a bad windows install. Which brand do you have? You have to recover it to factory settings. It could be your harddrive too. But that wouldn't give you the recovery screen.

If you have an Acer laptop for example you have to hit f10/alt+f10 during the start up to recover it. Note that everything on the laptop will be gone. You will get it as fresh as you bought it.

greets,

jerico

she has Vista and it's a Gateway

Well I have an asus netbook and i can choose which mode to goto IE blackscreen safemode etc, i select one and it reboots a few secs later and i found out its my harddrive died in the ass.

I asked my daddy  O+ smart man he is :D

He said its either Harddrive like i said^ or as Mr.jerico said bad windows install, My dad suggests if you wanna try using the windows xp disk as a boot up and to a recovery/repair on it, May work may not.

Hope it helps Silent_bob  O+

(07-26-2011, 08:33 AM)Nater link Wrote: Well I have an asus netbook and i can choose which mode to goto IE blackscreen safemode etc, i select one and it reboots a few secs later and i found out its my harddrive died in the ass.

I asked my daddy  O+ smart man he is :D

He said its either Harddrive like i said^ or as Mr.jerico said bad windows install, My dad suggests if you wanna try using the windows xp disk as a boot up and to a recovery/repair on it, May work may not.

Hope it helps Silent_bob  O+

so she'd have to buy the XP disk?

(07-26-2011, 08:35 AM)Silent_Bob link Wrote: so she'd have to buy the XP disk?
What is she running?