Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Idea! -You've got mail.
(09-10-2007, 06:19 PM)tBKwtWS link Wrote:Only i agree on the problems and think this will be very hard and some players might never care to check their mail.
I think this was my other idea of server space prevention...I believe that putting like a 30 day (or 10 day) limit on how long the message stays in the inbox before it is automatically deleted.

(09-10-2007, 06:44 PM)tomozj link Wrote:Messages are picked up on the hour every hour from certain points?

Then they are sent to the main post office, where they are available 15 minutes after being picked up, or at any post office 30 minutes after being picked up.

You pay $1000 to send a message, and admins can't just read them in the mainchat, so it's more private in a sense. This will allow you to send more private stuff, which won't be viewed to every admin ingame, but we'll still have access if we go to the post office (needed).
I like all this! Nice ideas!

(09-10-2007, 06:27 PM)benbmyers link Wrote:...i think it would be better if  only people with their own houses could do it. That would also encourage people to donate!
Iono, I think if you want to donate you want to, and if you don't - you don't. I don't think mail is a good enough of a privilege to get someone to pay money/donate. At least for me, mail or no mail wouldn't be the breaking point for me to decide to donate. It's all about the income (in real life).

I suppose my idea in general wasn't so much of a diddle after all! ;)
(09-10-2007, 07:08 PM)tBKwtWS link Wrote:The post should be private if you send som1 ur mail address and a gang intercepts it....
They should be robbing the bank not the post office, I like letters being confidential.

I agree. Mail intercepts are out of the question. It would detract from the post system's usefulness, as you would only be able to send letters containing what you would be comfortable with putting into main chat. Personally, if I were to send someone a letter, it would be either; 1) I developed a closer relationship with a fellow player, and would like to talk more privately with them or request/share an email address or such, or 2) There is something urgent that I need to tell a fellow player who is not currently online. Both of which I would rather not have a random person/persons reading because they are bored and think it is fun to get into other people's business.
I see a RPG role here :P
When we provide the possibility to build your own house, you can add a mailbox to it.
We can create a few post office like buildings. (In the different cities) where the player needs to deliver their mail for other players.
A postmen has to collect the mail (FYI: No mail can be read, just an icon or something) and the postmen needs to deliver it at the houses of the players.
Of course, the postmen gets a reward for this per mail.

Could be one problem: If nobody delivers the mail.. :+ So There must be a "backup". Maximum x minutes after "posting" it, it must be delivered, automatically.
(09-10-2007, 10:16 PM)Nakebod link Wrote:I see a RPG role here :P
When we provide the possibility to build your own house, you can add a mailbox to it.
We can create a few post office like buildings. (In the different cities) where the player needs to deliver their mail for other players.
A postmen has to collect the mail (FYI: No mail can be read, just an icon or something) and the postmen needs to deliver it at the houses of the players.
Of course, the postmen gets a reward for this per mail.

Could be one problem: If nobody delivers the mail.. :+ So There must be a "backup". Maximum x minutes after "posting" it, it must be delivered, automatically.
I like this idea a lot, I wouldn't mind delivering and all, but...What if someone killed the delivery woman/man?
(09-10-2007, 10:16 PM)Nakebod link Wrote:Could be one problem: If nobody delivers the mail.. :+ So There must be a "backup". Maximum x minutes after "posting" it, it must be delivered, automatically.

Telegraphs ftw. :+

I like that idea though, and if linked to the LVP3 houses stuff, you could leave messages to those that are offline.

Free features rock, and this doesn't give you  an advantage over someone, thus it's ok as a free feature.
Nakebod ftw, I do not need t say more.
I think you totally got this idea pictured!
lol, i was gonna post an idea, but Nakebod thought of the ultimate idea that will work great in LVP 3.0. :) If Nakebod's idea is implemented then it would make sense for it to be for regulars only who have houses.
I can see it now.

[Image: rwefesfsdafsdafsdaweafahh9.jpg]
(09-11-2007, 03:18 AM)BoogerJay link Wrote:I can see it now.
(picture removed to save space)
Hrm...I think someone over rates their popularity. . .
Just kidding! ;) But seriously, I think maybe the admins should have like maybe a "go ahead" list that would allow people on their list to get in contact with them, as apposed to just anyone. The admin would have to add the person to their list in order for them to recieve any mail from them. Iono if it's possible, but...just a suggestion to fix up that problem, otherwise...yes...I agree BoogerJay.
(09-11-2007, 03:28 AM)Usagi link Wrote:admins should have like maybe a "go ahead" list that would allow people on their list to get in contact with them
For me maintaining such a list would be a lot of extra stuff to do and does not sound appealing. It could have an on and off switch, but we should not make a spam thing anyways.