Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

[Serious Discussion] Religion
this deserves to be watched
www.youtube.com/watch?gl=EG&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=Zz1gbBJ59JY
(11-11-2012, 10:50 AM)ELABD link Wrote: this deserves to be watched
www.youtube.com/watch?gl=EG&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=Zz1gbBJ59JY
At 9:20, he kind of struggles to understand that a mobile phone is not a living thing as does not evolve, unlike a human being.
Plus, he says that galaxies are in a need of being ordered by a creator. I call that BS, because in order for a galaxy or a star to form, you pretty much need only gravity.

ELABD, does God allow chaos or is everything in the universe ordered?
can god make a burrito that hot even he cant eat it?
Quote:Zaibatsu link=topic=28190.msg433590#msg433590 date=1352634419]
can god make a burrito that hot even he cant eat it?

Good old omnipotence paradox
well durrr
1st we are talking about the universe and most of it is non living . also the mobile is just an example. moreover the mobile is very simple in comparison to living things which r very complicated so how can human and things which are more complicated be made by chance while u r sure that a mobile can't be made by chance

2nd i don't agree with u that a galaxy just depends on graviry and even if it does  it needs something or special power to put em in there place which if it was changed just few  it may cause a big mess in the universe and may destroy it

At last and this is the important  point yeh god created every thing and every thing in the universe is ordered

but as u said there is chaos.there is evil things. but think with me how could ppl now that theu r living in a great ordered universe if they never saw something which is opposite to it . how could they know that god created for them such a universe?
it's like  if all ppl were able to see and there was never a blind one how will ppl be able to know that the sight is such a great thing
they were going to think that this is the ordinary thing and noone can be without so they will never thank god about it.this is just an example and this can work with many things.
just 1 questipn why you are discussing here? just want to know  :D
Quote:1st we are talking about the universe and most of it is non living . also the mobile is just an example. moreover the mobile is very simple in comparison to living things which r very complicated so how can human and things which are more complicated be made by chance while u r sure that a mobile can't be made by chance

Mobile phone is a poorly chosen example. As I said earlier, it does not evolve. Human didn't just appear randomly. It is millions of years of evolution that led us to where we are now. I dare say it is harder for a mobile phone to appear by chance than it is for the simplest form of life.

Quote:2nd i don't agree with u that a galaxy just depends on graviry and even if it does  it needs something or special power to put em in there place which if it was changed just few  it may cause a big mess in the universe and may destroy it

Please, tell me what other big thing it needs for its formation. There are no miracles in how galaxies form, no supernatural power. Why would you even think that they need to be created? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy#Formation

Quote:At last and this is the important  point yeh god created every thing and every thing in the universe is ordered

but as u said there is chaos.there is evil things.

What? So is there chaos or no? Does God play dice or he doesn't? Ultimately, can God himself predict chaos?

Quote:but think with me how could ppl now that theu r living in a great ordered universe if they never saw something which is opposite to it . how could they know that god created for them such a universe?

If this universe didn't have the conditions to support life, we wouldn't know because we wouldn't exist. There would be no one to ask the question about the origin of the universe.

if you think that a mobile phone is harder to be made by chance than living things then it's your problem logically and with comonsense ofc living organisms much harder

do you really think that human has know every thing in this world and every thing they say is right?
also the brain that make you think about this didn't make you think about wat put gravity wat put it's amount and wat was before it? and btw wikipedia ia free and antone can put anything there so don't depend on it much

i meant every thing is made by god and i need more explain for wat do you mean with chaos

and in the last part i thibk u misundetstood me as i misunderstood wat do u mean with chaos so pls explain wat do u mean with it?

and tell me pls wat is ur goal from this discussion?
Quote:if you think that a mobile phone is harder to be made by chance than living things then it's your problem logically and with comonsense ofc living organisms much harder

Is it harder to form by chance for the smallest living thing possible or for an exact copy of Empire State Building?

Quote:do you really think that human has know every thing in this world and every thing they say is right?
also the brain that make you think about this didn't make you think about wat put gravity wat put it's amount and wat was before it? and btw wikipedia ia free and antone can put anything there so don't depend on it much

We don't know everything, I never said that. But surely a single ancient book won't substitute for scientific research.
Wikipedia is free but there is an editing policy. In addition to that, I see no point in changing something and lying about galaxies.

Quote:i meant every thing is made by god and i need more explain for wat do you mean with chaos

and in the last part i thibk u misundetstood me as i misunderstood wat do u mean with chaos so pls explain wat do u mean with it?

"Chaos is when something unpredictable, or random happens." , "it means lack of pattern or predictability in events.".
(11-12-2012, 10:51 AM)ELABD link Wrote: do you really think that human has know every thing in this world and every thing they say is right?

Do you really believe that your god knows everything in this world and everything you read in your classic fiction story is right?

(11-12-2012, 10:51 AM)ELABD link Wrote: also the brain that make you think about this didn't make you think about wat put gravity wat put it's amount and wat was before it? and btw wikipedia ia free and antone can put anything there so don't depend on it much

Says the dude who depends on a fictional book.

(11-12-2012, 10:51 AM)ELABD link Wrote: and tell me pls wat is ur goal from this discussion?

His goal was to reply to your scientifically incorrect video and to open your eyes. I however, know better.
It's nothing personal by the way.
@durrr
well for me nothing can be made by chance you know for me some scientists couldn't explain the creation of the universe (i know that they explain wat happened ) but they can't explain why so or wat was before and they also don't want to admit that there is a god  so they said this is made by "chance"
and for me the simplest living thing is much complicated than a phone

and wat if the ancient book which i am sure you don't know anything about it tells you scientific facts which were discovered after a thousand of years and the prophet Mohamed pbuh could't even write or read and he said this facts
for example: 1.It described the formation of the fetus in his mothers uters in details
2.it described that every thing in space moves in an orbit
3.it described that the sun moves in an orbit and in modern science they found that the sun orbits the center of the galaxy
4.It has something of the bigbang telling that the universe was like it was described in bigbang and god made it do the split or the explosion
5. It describes that the universe expands
6. It described that the earth is like hmm idk wat it is called in english but like it is known now while all the world though that earth was flat at that time

all that and more from a book from 1000+ years that books teaches ppl good things anf tell them to build in the earth and develop it for me this is great and this  is never  against science absolutely it tells ppl to think and search in the universe doesn't this make you think that this book may be right and if you studied it you will be sure that it id right

for the chaoz  i still need an example of it from the universe sorry but english is not my motherlanguage

@ Maka
well i do believe that god knows everything but not everything is in quran god has kept somethings that noone will know
also please mention the scientifically wrong part of the vid

Last thing were are here to Discusss to reach the truth not fighting and saying that the one who don't agree with you is stupid and retard so please be friendly we don't have nothing against each other.and i asked dur why he is discusding to know if he wants the truth or just want to prove that hes right in anyway
so I am here searching for the truth i hope u are here for the same reason and be openminded