Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Firefox problem
(03-26-2011, 07:58 PM)Munch link Wrote: I have a nice Liverpool Football Club persona, but on the Firefox 4 theme it doesn't look as nice as it did because of the bubble/glow-like effect on the buttons.

I'm not seeing it, sure that's not just Windows doing that?
(03-26-2011, 08:00 PM)xBlueXFoxx link Wrote: I'm not seeing it, sure that's not just Windows doing that?

I mean this.

[Image: k3acf7.jpg]

The buttons on the top-left corner. It has a bubble effect (like Chrome I think), which doesn't make the persona look as nice as Firefox 3x did.

And I know Windows isn't doing that because they never looked like that before I changed to Firefox 4.

And around the same time my Firefox 3 messed up, my sound messed up on web browsers. Any streaming video will play, and the sound will stop for like 10 seconds, then it will work again, then die again. It happens on IE too, so I think the problem with Firefox 3 was from Vista, but I don't know what.
I see, doesn't look as bad with a dark persona.

[Image: Untitled-30.jpg]
It looks fine with your persona. And I have my tabs below the navigation tool bar, with the tabs on top, the persona doesn't look much better.

And I ran CCleaner and fixed registry issues, and I still have that sound problem that occured with the Firefox 3 problem.

Fixed. I just ran cmd and typed sfc/scannow, and restarted the computer when the scan finished.

Might as well lock the topic since I've fixed all issues for now. Thanks for the help!

The sound is broke again...
[Image: m000.png?t=1301167155]

[Image: Xzibit+laughing.jpg]
I hate how Firefox 4 is set up, imo it's terrible, I liked how Firefox 3 was much better
i love it, its much faster, startup and browsing and has couple flash improvements
Instead of making a new topic, I'll just bump this. I've looked on Google and so far I've not found a solution.

Okay so I'm still on Firefox 4 and I've not had the problems mentioned on the start post. The last two days my Adobe Flash Plugin has been crashing more than usual, and today it started happening a lot more, and about an hour before posting this it started happening every 2 minutes (literally).

I'd be on YouTube or any other sites with videos and then I would get "The Adobe Flash plugin has crashed". At first I thought it was annoying, but was able to accept pressing F5 and solving the issue, but now it won't even get through a full song!

I've looked online, my version of Firefox is the most recent and my Flash Player is up to date. I went to about:config and set the timeout time from 45 to 120 seconds. Someone suggested putting it to 30 seconds, but it was already at 45. Since that didn't work, someone else said he fixed it by putting it to -1, so I tried it and it takes a minute longer to crash but it still crashes.

I can't think of any other solution. Plugin Container sucks and has been more trouble than it's worth since Mozilla gave it to us.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Do you know how to fix it?

Okay this morning Adobe Flash Player told me an update is available, and I updated it. I don't know if it has fixed or not, but so far it seems to have stopped crashing, but I don't know if the problem is solved or not.

The problem seems to have been fixed now. I think it was the version not being up to date, but I didn't get notified of a new update until the day after.

I also noticed it occured more when I was on YouTube, and even more when I went off that tab.
I was thinking Flash when you mentioned the YouTube thing.. Also, I'm not so keen on the new look on FF4 either, it's a mixture between Opera and Google Chrome, it just makes me pissed that they had to do that instead of using some creativity. Assholes. I prefer FF3, still.