Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

PSU problem
I just saw this thread now and have a couple comments. 430W is for sure enough for your computer and going with a top brand like Corsair is definitely worth it. Basically, what just happened to you has a much higher chance of happening with a cheaper, low quality PSU.

Was there any reason you needed a new PSU in the first place?
(12-19-2010, 07:57 PM)cloakster link Wrote:I just saw this thread now and have a couple comments. 430W is for sure enough for your computer and going with a top brand like Corsair is definitely worth it. Basically, what just happened to you has a much higher chance of happening with a cheaper, low quality PSU.

Was there any reason you needed a new PSU in the first place?
My computer wouldn't start up.. So my main though was that the PSU (power box) was broken.. I left for the shop and said I needed a new PSU.. When the new PSU didn't work, I found out that it wasn't the PSU that was the problem at all. -.-
(12-20-2010, 12:58 AM)ZheMafo link Wrote:My computer wouldn't start up.. So my main though was that the PSU (power box) was broken.. I left for the shop and said I needed a new PSU.. When the new PSU didn't work, I found out that it wasn't the PSU that was the problem at all. -.-
lol, what a waste of money
(11-26-2010, 03:36 PM)ZheMafo link Wrote:Alright, I bought this new psu; Corsair CX 430W PSU

And when I connected this shit and stripped it.. And tried to start it, this small sound came from the PSU.. Then it started to spark, and then I smelled this strange smell.. I tried to wait a bit, then tried to start up again.. Then it sparked as hell, and started to burn rofl!!!
Epic fail is epic.