Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

PSU problem
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=27038.msg357304#msg357304 date=1290791615]
Just get any old cheap 500w psu. Idk where you can buy them where you live. Fuck corsair, waste of money, its just a PSU.
Well, you're right.. But the problem is that I've heard around all over up here for one old, the shop had 1.. But it wasn't the same contacts.. So, the last alternative is to buy a new one.  :7

Edit; What it cost doesn't matter, I just want a good one, that's it.
(11-26-2010, 03:36 PM)ZheMafo link Wrote: it sparked as hell, and started to burn rofl!!!
nice
(11-26-2010, 03:36 PM)ZheMafo link Wrote: this small sound came from the PSU.. Then it started to spark, and then I smelled this strange smell.. I tried to wait a bit, then tried to start up again.. The it sparked as hell, and started to burn

_O- _O- _O-
I doubt you connected it properly knowing your level of intelligence
(11-27-2010, 07:24 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: I doubt you connected it properly knowing your level of intelligence
hater :(

Its such a cruel world!

Mean people like you make me want to play lego harry potter online instead of this shit
(11-27-2010, 07:24 PM)Dominator33 link Wrote: I doubt you connected it properly knowing your level of intelligence
I don't know what your problem is, but I'll bet it's hard to pronounce. :w
Quote:DeathEater link=topic=27038.msg357619#msg357619 date=1290883366]
hater :(

Its such a cruel world!

Mean people like you make me want to play lego harry potter online instead of this shit
haha i know you already do  O+
I went to the IT guys today with my computer, and it seems like it was more than just the PSU that was broken. -___- Motherboard or the processor is broken for some reason, and it'll take me a month until it's fixed, so I can't play SA-MP again before Christmas!  ;(

When I start it up, it takes like 7-8 seconds before it automatically shuts down.. Can't even put a BOOT CD in -___-

So I guess I'll need to wait for them to fix it on the guarantee. FFS, ARG!
Indeed probably fucked some other components. Normally you have a safety cut-out. BUt in your case(if i read it correctly) it didn't work. It was very stupid of you to switch it on again after it burned out the first time.

The reason why it shuts down is probably because the motherboard is fucked up or the motherboard can't recognise some components like the videocard/harddisk/processor/ram memory.

Good luck, and i bet the computer shop is not going to pay you the broken parts. Because you installed it yourself...

greetz,

jerico
(11-29-2010, 11:39 AM)jerico link Wrote: Indeed probably fucked some other components. Normally you have a safety cut-out. BUt in your case(if i read it correctly) it didn't work. It was very stupid of you to switch it on again after it burned out the first time.

The reason why it shuts down is probably because the motherboard is fucked up or the motherboard can't recognise some components like the videocard/harddisk/processor/ram memory.

Good luck, and i bet the computer shop is not going to pay you the broken parts. Because you installed it yourself...

greetz,

jerico
You're right, but you're wrong too.

The shop is indeed going to pay, the IT up here is different from the Shop I brought it from, they're actually helping me how to get them to pay. He gave me an old PSU which looks like the old one I had, and we fixed some new cables so it would look like the original. Then I'll send it straight into Fujitsu Siemens instead of sending it to the shop I brought it from and from there to Fujitsu Siemens. WASTE of monies that way..

They said I had 5 years on the guaranty.. And I thought it was 2?! And I brought it 3 years ago.. So I was kinda confused, but after all.. That idiot guy at IT said he wouldn't take any monies for the job he did.. But when we were done, I said he could keep the new one(the one that sparkled) until I got my PC back from Fujitsu. But then he said that bastard; 'nah, I'll keep it for the work' :r

If we didn't do what they helped me with, I'd have to pay the trip from Svalbard and that would cost me like €70 + Buying a new motherboard which is like.. €300-€500? thb, cba to do so..

Yeah, trying to start it again after that first spark was pretty.. not smart.. But here's the funny thing.. When he checked the PSU today, there wasn't any broken or so with it.. Even after some big flame and the spark that came out of it. So now, I have this shitty old PSU from them while they have my new PSU that I just brought.. I could of complained but I cba after what they helped me with. heh :Y) Monies ain't the problem! Just saying^