Hello There, Guest! Login or Register

Xfire bought out
[Image: mtv.png]

It was bought out by Viacom.
(08-03-2010, 01:26 AM)Mike link Wrote: Having sold it, the buyer wouldn't have spent (probably a lot of money) if they didn't think they'd make even more money by owning the distribution rights to the program. If I were you I'd expect at least some changes that will net the new owners an income.

True, but face it, those Dev's are set for life now, and anyone else who had shares.  :>
I hope this wont be like the same as google bought youtube
and then everything got fucked up,(WMG, beta channels, new youtube style etc...)
(08-03-2010, 09:40 AM)MidNight link Wrote: I hope this wont be like the same as google bought youtube
and then everything got fucked up,(WMG, beta channels, new youtube style etc...)

Youtube was all chill until the last update, that bottom bar, all the 30sec+ ad's, new player all look like shit. But I do respect the new template/layout, it seems rather clean and light weight.

[Edit]
Oh, and youtube's featuring system is absolutely shit. Whatever the fuck gets them profit?
Fitness - Sweet Booty Punishment Workout
they just see the nice ass and tits on the spash of the vid, and its automatickly featured  :Y)
like you see on it right now its says to you like 'wanna put it in?'
steam FTW  >:)
(08-03-2010, 01:28 AM)Dan_ link Wrote: It was bought out by Viacom.
That was all the way back in 2006, my dear. Now, apparently, Viacom sold Xfire to Titan Gaming.

Xfire has always sucked ass since Viacom bought it out. I'm personally hoping Titan brings about plenty of changes so Xfire can be what it once was (but stays away from the money-making garbage, as it seems this company does solely that—a bad sign :S).

For those of you interested in a client that isn't whored by big corporations, take a peak at Raptr. I personally don't like it all that much—seems it's trying to be a Facebook for the gaming community—but it's a decent client (and developed by Dennis Fong, the co-founder of Xfire).
From your link, it looks like they're interested in competing with Valve's Steam program.  :D
trying to compete with Steam's like trying to compete with Apple and Microsoft..
(08-03-2010, 06:44 PM)Rien link Wrote: trying to compete with Steam's like trying to compete with Apple and Microsoft..

Apple will never be as bad-ass as Microsoft.